i've shopped.  heaven help me, i bought clothes.  it feels good.  it feels bad.  "it was the best of times. it was the worst of times..."  this is what i'm saying.  i needed clothes.  i've been traipsing about my life in ragbag clothes all summer.  today i bit the platinum, diamond encrusted bullet so to speak.  i got a pair of jeans and some new tops.  bring it.

i continue to consume many mushrooms.  mushrooms make meals marvelous.  yesterday it was a pita pizza with goat cheese and spinnach.  today it was the mushroom burger with avacado, hummus and spinnach.  i still have more.  let the mushrooms come.

the lady who was helping me at the store was a sweet older lady.  she had a lot of work to do because we all know how i bring the whole store with me into the changeroom just so i can try almost every single thing on.  anyways she was very sweet.  i would hook my no's over the door on hangers for her and she would take them every so often.  and once in a while i needed a different size.  anywise, one time she said to me through the door "and if no one's ever told you, you are a very pleasant, polite young lady."  garsh, shucks and gee.  we were besties by the time i left.

i found some old pics of interest at work today.
super dental hygiene girl!


'member when i had short hair?
this pic is a cautionary tale.  it reminds me of the lesson i learned: never make yourself truly ugly when dressing up for halloween.  you'll regret it.  also, how'd i get that tissue to stay in my hair??

Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
To be honest i was hoping to see pictures of your new clothes but alas. you look so cute with short hair!!
I hardly call that hair 'short' but it looks so cute on you! Thanks for your cautionary wisdom. And all your mushroom foods sound so good!
katie said…
I think that was the year sarah basically gave us all the same haircut--on the shorter side--whilst all the while she was growing her hair out.
amyleigh said…
I think I'll follow your clothes shopping example. Thanks for the inspiration.

haha, what were you trying to BE that halloween?!
Sarah-Lynn said…
it wasn't me, it was the hair! Yours especially Katie, it wanted to be like the others, so despite it actually being the same length, it looked shorter in the back.
LeashyLoo said…
I love you with short hair! I'm thinking of getting my hair cut short. BTW where did you go shopping? Glad it was a good experience!