someone asked me at church today where my legs had been that the rest of me hadn't. "they're drumsticks."
i retorted, "and they're roasted."  (this is a lie)

crossing my legs in church hurt but not so much as when izzy delicately clawed me through my blanket to get some attention.  what she got was a loud "OW" (truth)

for family potluck today i brought a block of cheese.  it was my assignment.  we had taco salads without the nachos.  nacho, nacho man, i wanna be a nacho man!  after dinner me, jord and madelaine--the family rehyoon activities committee met in  evan's garage.  we came up with lots of fun ideas that i hope people will like.  madelaine was the secretary note taker and she did a good jawb.  she also drew a face on her hand--you know the kind where the side of the thumb is the mouth?  well hers had big lips and she had to go find something red to colour it in with.

anyways were were holed up in there for quite a while getting some good work done and jordan was just saying the closing prayer when tracy began banging on the garage door incessantly.  it didn't help that jordan's prayer was long.  well we kind of laughed towards the end of the prayer but then when jordan went out, we found out that isabel, isaiah and noah were all missing.  that's when the neigbhourhood search began.  people walked around and drove around and were calling them and talking to neighbours.  the police were called.  i was driving around in my car looking and esther was on foot but we kept criss crossing paths.  i said a prayer as i drove that they would be protected  and i got a warm comforting feeling so i felt that they were ok wherever they were. esther got in the car with me. it was dark by this time.  we passed their street and esther saw the police were there so we went down there and tracy had found them.  she said they were with a lady--they had knocked on her door.  tracy asked them what they were doing and they said they were looking for a trampoline.  i went home after that and now i can't find my phone.

Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
oh my goodness, that must have been quite the scare!!! If they need a trampoline, they should just come to my house!
katie said…
wow that is scary.