an oldie from last summer

this is a post i was working on a long time ago.  about camping with katie and sarah and families.  i don't even remember what my vision was for this post but i'm going to just post it all raw and unfinished and maybe add my two cents here and there, rather than it languish in my drafts forever.

one day was braid day.  sarah gave me this fancy-pantsie-nancy one.  sarah braided it sitting on my camp cot in my tent on a summer day.  she was proud.  i was too.  one day there was a dragon fly caught between my tent and my fly.  ironic.  i was scared of it and in awe of it.  here's a bit of it's wing.

on our last night campfire it was just me and katie and michealah and natalie.  it was a special night full of good times that i never wanted to forget.
i took a lot of fire pics and experimented with sparks...

this last pic is a pic of one single phosphie.  the words in bold below were prompts i wrote so i wouldn't forget what i wanted to write about.  uhhhhhhhhhhhh.

word singing


phosphies


seaweed video


dryer warmth


bums over  fire.


word singing--we did it.  we did it a lot.  you know like syllable singing? i'm not sure if we did syllables or words.  but the point is we passed it on to the next generation.

phosphies--it was late and dark and we snuck from camp down the highway to a little beach and showed the girls phosphies.  i tried to take pics of it but you see what i got.

seaweed video--i was probably going to post a video i made of michealah walking across a swath of dried seaweed.  it was very dramatic.  but i'm not going to post it.  my computer freezes if i do spell check right now.

dryer warmth--i'm not sure.  i know i got something that was wet out of the dryer and it was warm and i appreciated it, but what it was and what the circumstances were i do not know.

bums over fire--? i don't know ok!  we like to warm our bums over the fire!  who doesn't?  it feels good!


Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
I feel like you already posted that pic another time perhaps? It was a fun trip, once you finally got over your camping grouchies.
good for you for carrying on the word singing. It needed to be done.

As for bums over fire, I for one don't know how you could forget such a detail! It's obviously important!
amyleigh said…
sounds like magical camping times! Hopefully there's more to come very soon... :D