i have that washed out feeling that i get right after i've done something big.  i've been working on a post on my photography blog for most of the week.  today it's finally done.  and it's out there to be judged.  as usual i feel vulnerable but that's ok.  vulnerability is a good thing.


last night i taught sharing time to a bunch of ladies from the chinese branch relief society.  they wanted us to do a presentation on primary because a lot of sisters, being new to the church, didn't know what went on in primary.  they gave us an hour for our presentation.  we discussed it during our meeting on tuesday and decided it would be boring just to talk about primary so we did the whole thing just like they were the kids.  my job was sharing time.  i took the sharing time from the second week in july, on kindness.  i got them to write kind things on papers taped to each other's backs.  i shared the story of when katie helped push the trailer i was pulling on the sister's bike hike and i got a little emotional.  i gave them little kindness begins with me books that i made.  it was a special evening.  before our presentation we learned how to make miso soup and sushi and then had a feast of potluck foods.  everything was so delicious.  leilani (primary secretary) mei lin (2nd councellor) and i bonded while raving about different delicious foods we love.

my computer is fixed.  i got it remote control fixed by a guy in india.  it was late at night and i was so frustrated with my computer.  i was nervous and didn't know if i could trust this company and these people and so while the lady waited for my credit card number i sat on the side of my bed with my phone clutched to my ear and prayed in kind of a desperate way.  i felt a feeling of calm and assurance that everything would be ok.  so i did it.  the guy who was fixing my computer was good at what he did but a little inappropriate.  "what do you do for a living?" he asked me.  "i work in the mental health field." i answered.  "that's creepy." he said.  a little bit shocked, i laughed and said "it's not creepy!"  "if it were me," he explained, "i'd be one of the patients."  you're creepy, i thought.  by 12:39am it was fixed.  he left me to test out the computer for an hour to see if it would freeze again.  we were off the phone, by this time and on chat.  so i put a show on netflix, and edited photos at the same time to give it as big of a load as possible.  when he came back i was editing a beautiful photo of kimme.  "hi beautiful :)" he wrote.  inappropriate right?  but oh well he fixed it and i get check ups all year long for the amount i paid.

this mugginess does not help.  the air is so still and heavy.  it makes me feel restless and it makes my feet burn.





Comments

amyleigh said…
yeah, totally inappropriate. wow. but at least he fixed your computer and you had that calm assurance given to you about the whole thing. only you should have said out loud that he was creepy. :)

that sharing time sounds really awesome. I love that exercise on kindness! sooo good. I remember doing that in church though and everyone saying mainly that I played the piano well. lol. but there were some really nice things people said too, so it was still good. anehways. nice post.
yeesh, totes inappropriate.

ah, the burning foot time of year. it has come again.

I have to do sharing time next week so I think I'll nab some of your ideas. thanks!