mum

mum is a flower i used to despise and now i love and appreciate it.

mum is in utar visiting john and slavica and family

mum--it's what i've been lately.  why so mum?  cat got cher tongue?

i had a choice to make this morning.  i could either shave my legs or i could wear my summer sundress. i didn't hesitate --i wore the sundress and what's more i confessed my reasons to suzanne who commented "you look summery today" as i walked towards the chapel doors.  "it's wishful thinking" i breezily answered and then leaned in for the confessional "but really i just didn't want to shave my legs."

i got up at five this morning and i really really really really didn't want to.  i managed it by turning on my lamp but having my back to it and squinting at my sharing time book through eyes that begged to be shut.  shut maybe forever.  forever sounded good around then.

then i went to ward council and gave the spiritual thought but then did not have much more to add to the meeting.  the youth are doing a fundraiser dinner where they auction stuff that's donated by the ward.  i was thinking of donating a photo shoot of some sort.  i don't know.  my camera's got some bum dials.  then i picked up mary, a member who is also a member if you know what i mean.  then i went to pre-preformance choir rehersal.  we altos were shaky and so after the rehersal, snuck off to the young women's room and solidified our act.  we sang though deepening trials and it might have been one of our best performances yet.  for easter we are singing Christ the Lord is Risn' Today and i am really enjoying the alto part in that song.  it comes a lot easier.

i'm not going to lie to you, i fought the dozies during sacrament meeting.  but also i had some good thoughts and insights

i did sharing time.  we acted out elijah and the widow.  and moses and the fiery serpents.  naturally a white plastic grocery bag was the prophet beard.  i used the rubber snake syster lawrance gave me many moons ago.

now i can say that i am mum no longer.

Comments

amyleigh said…
there are indeed many ways of being 'mum' and I appreciate your variations.

getting up at 5 is just brutal. eeek.

just so you KNOW, I shave my legs every time I shower so that it never becomes a chore. I followed another 'fubs good example. but oh boy, do I ever remember going to church with hairy legs.
hey, thanks for following my good example, 'fub! Makes me feel good.

yeah the getting up at 5--I haven't had to do that in a long time, that's a hard un. but you seem to have handled it well.

there is a lady in my branch who doesn't shave her legs and you can see the hair in long swipes under her sheer pantyhose. Not saying it's wrong or anything, just a warning that that is what lies in that direction. you think about it.