i'm baaaack.  the reason for my return is twofold.

1st is to glory in my grilled cheese.  it, or rather, they were divine.  let me tell you about it.  rustic garlic loaf that turned out to have whole roasted garlic cloves in it, creamy jalepeno havarti, and grainy dijon, all toasted to perfection in my cast iron frying pan with a smear of butter.  crisp and toasty, soft and melty, tangy and gooey. may there be many more of you in my future.

the 2nd is that i was chatting with sarah and i realized that i had forgotten one of my secrets.

secreto seis: it has to do with forgetting to fast.  after primary i was rummaging through the primary closets for a quick snack.  my friend leilani offered me some 'bread'.  i knew from last week when she offered me the same thing but produced a delicious chinese bakery bun with coconut in the middle that 'bread' meant something good.  this time she produced a bun with chocolate and almonds in the inside.  i devoured it with my back turned to the room where the choir was gathering and then hurried to join them.  after choir as i was driving home, i looked in the rear view mirror and to my horror saw some chocolate residue on my face, just by my mouth. i went the whole choir time like that and the whole choir must have seen and known.  just the same if someone tells you about pretend you don't know, because it's a secret.

Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
that grilled cheese sounds AMAZING!!!