since archie's distress and emergency last saturday i've become obsessed with checking the litter box.  these cats have never ever had such a clean box in all their almost 6 years.  i hope i'm not speaking too soon when i say that archie seems to be feeling better.  he's peeing and eating and best of all his last pill was this morning.  last saturday when the tech was showing me how to pill my ginger chubby, i felt like i was going to cry but a nervous laugh came out instead.  the vet tech gave me a handfull of water syringes and carried archie out to the car for me.  he felt sorry for me i guess.

i just watched life in a day and i absolutely loved it.  people all over the world really are the same and yet are so different too.  but the differences are shallow and the sameness is deep.  same kinds of sorrows and joys, fears and loves, trials and triumphs.  and so much beauty and courage and humour. good good stuff.

sleepy.


Comments

Andrea said…
Okay, so what exactly was wrong with Archie? Did he have pee crystals? Campobactera (sp?)? Have you ever looked into the raw food diet for cats? I don't use it as my cats have a mostly raw diet of mice, voles and birds and eat hardly any catfood which I know is not good for them.
Laura said…
he had pee crystals. now he's on vet food and he's doing fine.
LeashyLoo said…
I'm glad the Arch man is better Laursie....I was worried!
amyleigh said…
I love Life in a Day too! I felt the same thing when I watched it, a connection to all humanity!

I'm glad Archie is better!
Andrea said…
did you know that vitamin c dissolves pee crystals for cats? Google it. I know people that do it with success. Glad Archie is okay. That's basically what my lamb died of in the fall.