she ponders a moment and then deliberately reaches over and causes him to spill his water, letting out satisfied chortle to complete the act.



i took these two weeks ago on a glorious evening on the dike.

i worked late today.  when i work late i usually get to work by 1:30 unless i have to go pick something up at the store.  and i will be in one of two moods. either i will be well rested, joyous, fresh and eager or i will be frustrated and grumpy.  it's strange but that is how these late days go for me.  usually it's the former but today it was the latter.  i think it's because i discovered this dumb game called bubble witch saga and predictably became a bubble witch junkie within minutes.  i spent most of the morning popping matching bubbles and listening to talks.  but i had wanted to do other things.  i usually don't know if i'm grumpy until i come into contact with people. that's when it blossoms.  it didn't help that we were making valentine sugar cookies and rolling out the dough is irritating when it is either too soft or too firm and then sticks to the counter and then looses form in the oven and then sticks to the pan and crack as you spatch them off.

at 4 we have to vacate the kitchen for the yoga class that takes place in the dining room.  i spend this time playing games with anyone who will play with me.  this time we played sorry! and i stopped being grumpy and then we had tuna casserole with my roasted broccoli which is divine, and i felt even better.  and then we did some oil painting and i felt fully happy and content.

i came home and gave archie a belly rub and izzy some back scratches.  i might play a game or two of bubblewitch...

Comments

eryn. said…
i too get hooked on games like this and waste countless hours playing them. i'm not usually that happy about it after either.
eryn. said…
ps. those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!
amyleigh said…
loooove the pictures! You've got such a gift! It's crazy. I bet the title is talking about something YOU did, isn't it. You are the number one person I know for chortling.

I am really glad sometimes when I reflect on how not having a computer forces me to spend my time better. I just couldn't resist the temptation when I lived with one...I'd spend all day on little fluffy games like what you described.