you know what's awesome?  autumn is awesome.  autumn is awfully awesome.  autumn is amazing.  autumn awes.  just saying.  i feel so happy when i leave the dungeon of my work and it's crisp and cold and sunny out and vibrant aging leaves everywhere.  i thrill when, on halloween afternoon i am walking from my car through lisa's co-op complex and big gusts of wind whirl around me scattering carpets of leaves and blillowing out my red riding hood cape.  awesome, like i said.

and is it just me or are we having a long fall this year?  i thought usually by november the trees and largely neked and shivering.  go ahead tell me i'm wrong.

shameful secret: there is a thick, wiry, pure blonde hair that grows down and curls over my lips at each corner.  if i let it grow it would keep growing.  i can touch it with my tongue.  but i don't let it grow.  i wax it right off and feel like a conqueror each time i rip it out.  maybe now that you know this you might not look at me the same way.  maybe the thought of those hairs makes your toes curl in disgust.  maybe you don't even care.  it's just 2 measly troublesome hairs.  don't be a hater man.  be a 'preshiator.

i'm feeling crafty.  will you come over and do crafts with me?

i was talking to lisa m. about our work christmas party today.  we were collaborating.  we were brainstorming and word bubbling in a figuratively and non-literal way.  mireya too.  she was there.  she contributed.  i got pumped. i got pumped and proceeded to go upstairs and force stories on theresa and barb about my nylons break down on my mission and the resulting h and m and on knee high cream socks so and on.

i like ideas.  i like collaborating with people.  it makes me feel light and bubbly and excited.  this is something i've learned about myself during this year--2011.  i know myself just a little better during 2011.

i told theresa that the church is growing in central and south america.  she said i need to go there then, to find a man.  the truth is, i've kind of given up on finding a man.  i just don't see it happening.  i mean, maybe it will but i can't see it so i'm not going to think about it too much.  i'll leave it to THEBIGGUYINTHESKY and get on with my life.  please don't give me a pep talk.  i'm not discouraged.  i'm just 37 and i want to be happy with my life at whatever stage i'm in.

one thing i'd like to do is foster parent.  i need another bedroom though.

also we got new cell phones at work.  flip phones are just about obsolete.  so i have an android.  i feel like a newbie.

Comments

Karey said…
I was just thinking today about how long fall seems this year. i love it. However for us it's ending b/c the snow is coming tonight :(
Beth-a-knee said…
hey I 'preshiatcha. 'preshiatcha a whole lot.
Autummn IS the best. I wish we had it here. Here we just have winter. (halloween is OOOOOOVVVVVERRRRRRRR!!!) <--couldn't help it.

I don't like pep talks either. Sorry if I've been a little too 'peppy' in the past.
LeashyLoo said…
I LOVE AUTUMN too....it hard to see when it is autumn here though because it seems like NZ only really has two seasons and the leaves don't change colour as much as they do in Canada.
Sarah-Lynn said…
I think you'd be an excellent foster parent!!