yesterday i took a short hiatus from the slug suit and did a major overhaul of my house.  i moved the couch, the chair, the tv (that is one heavy suckah let me tell you!).  i took the storage shelf and put it in the bonus room.  i also took the too large for my space coffee table and stuck it in the bonus room until such time as i can get rid of it.  i unpacked all the stuff that has been sitting around in blue bags since august 2010 and re-organized my closet.  i also re-organized my craft bin and got new containers for my 'implements of art'.  fabrics were organized.  i put away laundry that has been sitting in a basket, growing and shrinking since the spring.  i did laundry.  i cleaned out the hell-hole the kitties are forced to do their business in and i  swept and washed the bathroom floor.  i also vacuumed.  i just have to figure out how to place my 3 book shelves and where to put my food storage.  and put up some wall art.

not too shabby eh?  think of what i could get done if i put my slug suit in a salt bath and donned something like the super-industrious-girl cape permanently.  i'm not saying it's going to happen, just imagine if it did. 

 i vacuumed up some spiders.  can they get out after?  please tell me no.

after all of that i sat down to work on my jean rag rug project.  but my tension must have been wrong because the top thread kept coming un-threaded.  you, see i don't know what i'm doing but i do it anyways.  during one dramatic moment, as i was untangling a disasterous knot in the bobbin, which is another story, i heard a ping of something metal falling.  i couldn't see what it was but as i went to re-thread for the 1000th time, there was no uptake thing to hook around.  gone.  i couldn't find it anywhere.  GONE.  what was i to do?  well watch tv of course.

so word on the street is that the stake choir is singing a swedish christmas song IN SWEDISH and so i am jumping on the stake choir bandwagon.  meanwhile i just had a bowl of popcorn to curb the hunger pangs that were harassing me and a husk jammed itself between my teeth.  not cool husk.  not cool.

once sarah sat on my cot in my new tent and gave me a special braid.  the end.

Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
hey! Before I scrolled all the way down, I thought "cool braid!" Then I realized it was the one I did. Smugness ensued.

It feels good to be industrious doesn't it? Sometimes it comes so naturally, and others it's so hard to make myself. I feel like my work is never ending. It really is.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about you and not me so- I'm curious about the denim rug. Can I see a pic of what it's supposed to look like?

I like to think the suction and heat from a vacuum kills spiders and other yucky living things.
Beth-a-knee said…
cool about the swedish thing.

I need to take a hiatus from my slug suit more often too. Whenever I do I'm astonished at how much I kin get done.
Karey said…
i love the look on Sarah's face in that pic :)

I'm curious of the denim rug too.