i'm  sick.  i had so hoped to avoid this passing plague but it was not to be.  i went to work anyways yesterday.  lisa and i had a dump run to do.  my coffee table, my housing person's chair, her housing person's couch.  my nose was running like water and my throat was burning gravel, my jaw and sinuses ached and my head throbbed.  keeping myself busy, i did alright.  before lunch we drove to my place to pick up the coffee table that i had lugged outside that morning so lisa wouldn't be a witness to my messy house.  after lunch we went out in the rain to the parking lot to leave to complete the pick ups and dump run.  i noticed the parking brakes were on.  "did i leave the lights on? i asked lisa.  "if you did, you're dealing with it." she said.  sure enough i did leave the lights on and sure enough the battery was dead.  what followed was a mini gong show of 4 adults trying and failing to even open the hood.  finally lisa found the latch below where we were searching over and over.  after that it was pretty easy to charge it and go.

at my housing person's lisa stayed with the running cargo van and i went up and got the chair--a small stuffed number with a broken swivel bottom.  at lisa's housing person's she went and got the couch with the help of the dolly and her housing guy.  she was supposed to let me help but she wanted to spare me the rankness of the apartment.

at the dump waiting in line we joked and counted eagles.  i saw a sign that was worn out so that it looked like "you are entering a nose hazard area"  and we laughed about the danger to noses at dumps.

by the time we got back i felt hot and cold at the same time.  my feet and jeans were soaked.  my face felt hot.

on the way home i bought hals, puffs plus with lotion (blessed puffs plus!) and night and day cold meds.  i climbed in bed and read for a while and then fell asleep.

luckily i had set my alarm so i wouldn't miss the primary presidency meeting. i would have skipped it but i needed to figure out what our primary was going to do for the ward christmas party because i am on the committee.  i felt so cold when i got up.  i blasted the heat on the way to the church.

we had a good meeting.  on the way out to the car i started to feel so dizzy.  not this again i thought worrying that the vertigo was back.  please just let me get back home.  which i did.  and finally it came through to my thick head that i had a fever.  dizzy, burning hot and my jaw ached so much.

i took the night time cold meds and weathered out the fever until it kicked in, reading the help.  finally i fell asleep and this morning the fever was gone.  i'm thankful for that.

right now i'm studying the scriptures that have 'heart' in them.  this is my favourite one from today:

psalms 147:3-4
He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.


Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
Why does it always take you so long to clue into having a fever?! Reminds me of Bethany's wedding and our discussion of how bodily functions can smell different you're sick, and how Mom thought we were so weird. Sounds like you got a doozy. Hope you feel better soon!