bright spots

we had our primary presentation today.  i sat up on the stand on the floor holding up cue cards and the like.  the kids were fantastic of course.  they always are.  at one point i looked out at the congregation and saw it all on their faces.  we love our children so much.  mei lin said primary is like heaven.  i think she's right.  i love being in primary so much.  i felt it wash over me as i sat with the kids waiting to go up on the stand.  as i watched them do their presentation i saw a glimmer of the future.

the other bright spot in my day was the stake christmas choir.  i love singing alto in this choir! it's like sitting in a surround sound of strong altos and it's never hard to find my note or learn a song.  it's a joyjoyjoyjoy down in my heart.  afterwards mei lin and i sat and talked while we waited for brother roeder to be finished with the men's chorus.  mei lin is the newish councilor in primary.  she's from taiwan and she told me all about the differences between taiwanese, mainland china and hong kong.  there was lots of interesting stuff i didn't know. like i didn't know how much japanese influence there was in taiwan.  she said her grandparents spoke japanese and they used the japanese relationship names in their family.  earlier in the day she was sitting behind me and she told me she liked my hair.  she said it was 'romantic'.  while we were talking she picked up a curl off my shoulder and was playing with it.  i don't know if she even realized she was doing it.

i'm sad to see sunday go.  it was good to me.


Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
That does sound like a good sunday. I'm glad the presentation went well, and I like hearing of the joy you get from music. I share a similar joy.