weekend festivities

friday after work i drove to squameesh.  heather met me at the door with an offering of peanut butter pie.

such a hostess.  we had a big breakfast for dinner.  heather made it all while i lounged on her couch.  we had bacon and sausages and eggs and fried tomatoes and hash browns and sourdough bread.  oi.  then we started watching this really lame movie but it was too much for heather so we gave up and watched prime suspect instead.

i slept on heather's deluxe double decker air mattress in the skinny door room.  the next morning i started out of sleep with 3 loud thumps.  i found out later that this was heather killing a wolf spider.

 we watched conference together.  rothko had a very cozy spot.






a view of my notes.
at one point i drew a beard and some hair and ears around one of the holes in my notebook.  then i got an idea...
and drew the face on my pinky and stuck it in the hole...
but most of the time i was intent on the messages.
even while taking a pic of myself being intent.  ha.  i loved conference.  so much food for my soul.  so much of what i was hoping for.
one of my treasure hunt items for my e-class this week was to find faces in unlikely spots.  i kept seeing stuff in the tile of heather's bathroom.  below you will see an uruk-hai from lord of the rings with a heart on the tile above his head.  i also saw a peacock's head.  which reminds me that i've been meaning to confess that i've been seeing a kangaroo with boxing gloves in the wood paneling on the stand at church, for a long time now.  also a cartoon samurai/panda.  don't judge me.
after conference we decided to go to one of squameesh's 'sweet spots'.  i chose the spit.  we had a hard time finding it.  at one point we stopped and i asked this girl walking by if she knew how to get to the spit.  she looked at me like she didn't quite get me.  "the spit.....where's that?" she asked me.  "i guess that's a no..."i replied and we drove on.  after driving into a hard hats only logging site or something on a dirt road, we finally found it just as we were about to give up.  the drive down the spit is the prettiest.  there's a view of the chief \(but it was behind clouds most of the time), and of the falls, which you can just pick out in the background of this pic.

it was supahwindy.
hi.  this is a caricature of me.  note the tear on my cheek that i did not know was there because i have a cold cold heart.


my shoe print is cool, hey?
 my wide angle lens began to give me mysterious troubles just around the point that i needed it.  these pics give it no justice, but just as we were driving away the clouds came off the chief and the sun hit it's walls.  it was really pretty.
 and so i made this face.

it was fun.  we had fun.  when we got back it was time to go.  i went to the washroom and when i came out heather handed me half a peanut butter pie (a second peanut butter pie) and my pan and pie plate and we walked out to my car and i was on my way.

it was a gorgeous drive back to vancouver, because hello, this is the sea to sky highway we're talking about. just as i was going over the lion's gate bridge the sun was setting in a huge firey ball.  it was spectacular and i may have caused an accident and burned out my retinas at the same time for gazing at it too long, but luckily none of these happened.

i met up with fatima and daman down town after i changed my pants in a parking garage.  i brought the pie and we shared it at a starbucks.  the baristas wanted pie too but we were like no way hosea.  daman was estatic over the pie.  i had a salted caramel hot chocolate.

then we went to fat's and d's sushi place.  i got spicy agedeshi which was so good and i got the granville roll which had prawns and crab and other good stuff and which was deep fried.  so good!  fatima got the alaska roll which was also delicious and daman got a bento box.

i went to the bathroom before we left and found that the stalls had so little depth that one could not bend down to pull up one's pants, but that one had to instead kind of shimmy down careful not to bang one's head on the door.

we went to a vancouver film festival filum called patang, which means the kite.  a very beautiful filum indeed. i liked it a lot.  the director was there.  he introduced his film and did a questions and answers period after.  my jeans were so tight from too much eating expansion that i was driven of necessity to watch the filum with my pants UNdone.  don't judge.

fats and daman walked me to my parking garage and then we parted ways.

the end.

Comments

LeashyLoo said…
What a fun filled weekend! Your breakfast / dinner at Heather's sounded so yummy! I like your pics....the mountains and water make me wistful for my home and native land.....sigh....
Andrea said…
Sounds very fun. That picture of you on the spit by yourself looks 2D. Very funny.
Beth-a-knee said…
qoq (hehe--I meant to type 'wow' but gog is so much better in so many ways!) what a fun fun day. I often see things in the wood panelling at church. I'd like to compare notes with the Nanaimo wood. no judging. hillarious and genius pinky idea.
Sarah-Lynn said…
The pinky idea made my day. Also your face in the side mirror. Also that you see a kangaroo in the wood paneling at church. What a fun weekend.