rhiannon and andrea visited me on tuesday and wednesday of last week.  they were here with other home schoolers.  i picked them up from science world tuesday after work.  i had been circling science world looking for a way into the parking lot when i saw andrea jumping and waving.  there was a grass island between me and them but i saw my chance and took it, driving through a small paved spot when no traffic was coming.  we drove back to richmond and picked up some foods for our supper.  it was rhiannon's birthday eve so we had something from her 'p' diet.  pesto pasta.  we also bought a bagette and some chipotle garlic butter and some blueberries to make blueberry ice cream.

my home was very messy as it has been continually for a long while now.  i'd had a chance to empty the litter box, and do a quick vacuuming and that's it.  andrea basically said i've always been messy so it's no big deal to her.  she started doing my dishes and i started making supper which also included and delicious salad, if i say so myself.

after supper andrea knit my custom soxs that she's been working on for a long time and rhiannon and i worked on the ice cream.  it had to chill for 3 hours so we decided to finish it on her actual birthday.  then we watched the secret life of bees.

rhiannon slept on my camping cot at the foot of my bed.  (i've now set up said cot twice by myself).  i warned her about my snoring but she assured me that she had her earplugs with her.  andrea and i chatted a bit once in bed but i fell asleep really quickly.  andrea said i snored the loudest she's ever heard me. i like to exceed people's expectations.  i have a niggling fear that i might have sleep apnea or something.

next morning i had to go to a job site early in the morning and so i was off early.  when i got back we finished off the ice cream and ate it.  so delicious, but we ate too much. rhiannon wanted to eat mexican food on her birthday so we went to a place my co-worker told me about on commercial called bandidas--mexican vegetarian.
 very tasty.  i got the ronny russell burrito baked with cheese and sour cream. andrea got the wolf and goat.  rhiannon got enchiladas of some sort.  my burrito had sweet potatoes in it.  rhiannon also got a virgin lime margarita but she didn't like it that much.  a huuuuuuuge hornet/wasp/whatever flew into the window behind me at which point i need to get up so we all did and a nice lady came and captured it with a jar and a napkin.

after dinner we drove to stanely park and rode bikes around.  it was rhiannon's first time to stanley park.  she didn't want to try the tandem bike though so andrea and i got to tandem together.  it was lots
of fun and the hour it took us seemed like 15 minutes to us.  at first andrea and i had particularily
wobbly and dangerous starts.  she likes a 3 bounce start and i like a one bounce you're on start.  dismounts were always great though and by the end of our hour we were pros.   here's a video that i did while we were cycling.  i'm not sure if it will work...


rhiannon loved her cruiser.  "aren't you glad we did this  for your birthday?" asked andrea.  "i was just concentrating on how fun it was." said rhiannon.  we had a beautiful sunset too.

aside:  earlier in the day at work one of the members at work, a cute little chinese man who says hi to me at least 5 times a day, called me over when i was cleaning the tables off.  "i like your red t-shirt." he said.  "hu?" i said.  "t-shirt.  it's a t-shirt right?"  "yes." "i like your red t-shirt."  "thanks."  "but i don't like your white shirt."  "lol.  whaaat?  you don't like them together?"  "no.  go change it."  "haha... well i'll wear something different tomorrow."  "ok."  now i have my own personal fashion consultant.

anyways after our ride around lord stanley's park, we went to pacific centre and checked out h & m which aparently has the best underwear known to man.  this is what  andrea's friend said anways and andrea picked out a couple to try so look to her for an underwear update.  rhinannon got some socks and then she tried on some clothes.  it was sitting in the change room across from hers with andrea that the tiredness hit me like a giant wave.  yes--as tsunami.  suddenly i could barely function.

we went to starbucks for a drinkiloo (passion tea lemonade light on the ice for me) and this is where i probably lost the parking stubb that had been resting in my wallet.  we'll never know.  all we know for sure is that when it was time to leave i had no such stubb even after emptying out my entire wallet so i had to pay a bitter price.

just before nine i dropped andrea and rhiannon off at the aquarium and drove home and could not stay awake despite many attempts, slept until just before 8, almost 10 hours and spent the whole next day feeling like i could fall asleep at any moment.  maybe i have narcolepsy too.


Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
I heard some of these tails from Rhiannon. Sounded funsies. You forgot to mention that you and Andrea made a guy fall off his bike. People should know that.
Andrea said…
haha, Sarah! Tails! And really I was the steer-er so the near crash was my fault.

It was so fun, Laursie! I was so tired when i got home. The night at the aquarium went until 1am! And then they woke us at 7am. Very fun, though.
Beth-a-knee said…
what a fun trip with lots of good eats. I'm a three bounce then you're off type. Just in case you were wondering.