i just watched whale rider again.  i love that movie.  why wouldn't leif let me show it to him?  somethings you never get over.

i woke up this morning and it was 8 on the dot.  i'd set my alarm for seven at night.  consequently my hair was wild and wooly.  around 1:30 i went to the washroom and got an eyefull of myself in the mirror.  that's when i got debi to give me a fishtail braid.  she did a good job.  her first fishtail braid.  she asked me if i brushed my hair ever.  no not ever, i answered.  (except in the shower with my fingers).

i gave lisa a fishtail braid earlier in the day during the house meeting.  it's tuesday--braid day.  we were twins.

i put my spring calendar photos up on the wall in the shape of a heart.

heather was visiting me this last weekend.  on friday night we went to the temple.  i was deliriously tired.  actual delirium occurred. but also i was happy.  the familiar giddy lightness and joy that i have felt in the temple since i was a 12 year old.  i have a lot of emotions in the temple, i feel quiet and peaceful.  i feel solemn and worshipful.  i feel thankful.  i feel ponderous.  and so mortal.  and so eternal.

we ate at the olive garden after.  i got stuffed lasagna rolls.  hello. heather got the soup salad combo.  it was all paid for by heather's friend from back home.  we had to wait a long time to get a seat so we took our little buzzer thingy and went shopping.  i bought some jeans that i'm going to take back and a sweater.  then we walked into atmosphere and i just came face to face with my destiny--vibram five finger shoes, and the buzzer went.  we left in a hurry and i left my bag there and had to return to get it.

saturday we recycled a tv, shopped, got threaded, had screamers and watched the rs broadcast.  it was fun.  next weekend is general conference and i'm glad.  i need it.

oh and on saturday when we were shopping i bought some of those vibram five finger shoes.  i didn't want those ones. i wanted some barefoot shoes from new balance or something.  but i made the mistake of trying them on.  freedom.  comfort.  felt like my own foot.  nothing felt as good and what do i care that i look like a freak with blue monster feet?  lisa says she can't even look at them.  :)

Comments

amyleigh said…
I miss you Labee, we should do Thanksgiving together! With Katie!
Laura said…
i miss you too! i'm totally going to katie's so you should come too.
Andrea said…
I want some of those!
LeashyLoo said…
Those 5 finger shoes are sooo cool! I am glad that you bought them. They suit you and anyway, when you find a pair of shoes that are heaven on your feet you MUST buy them! (Like my $70 reef sport flipflops I bought last summer at the flip flop shop...after wearing my old, well-worn havaianas everywhere these were like heaven. When I tried them on it was like my feet said "ahhhhhh....thank you!" True story.
Sarah-Lynn said…
I've never seen whale rider. Does that make me a bad person?