beautiful birthday birding bash

it was heather's birthday on saturday and she came to vancouver for some birthday fun.  we went out to eat, i made her a birthday key lime pie, we went to ikea and most importantly--we birded.  i haven't gone much since she went away and it was lots of fun.  perfect really.  here's a few pics of our day.
chickadees!  they played us.  they teased us.  and they landed on our finger tips.  the first time it happened heather almost inhaled her chickadee visitor.  one time a chickadee landed on my fingertips, cocked his head looked at me with his black little eye, and chirruped.  i tried to take a photo and he flew off.  meanwhile a squirrel that i was prejudiced against and heather befriended, followed us.  see him behind h. in the last photo.
i love bird blinds.


8 sandhill cranes--so cool.





Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
That does sound perfect! When I go to ikea, I feel like I want everything!!! I love the bird pics!
LeashyLoo said…
Awww.....Seeing the pics makes me miss Rifle Bird Sanctuary. I like the picture of the ducks all in a row! Glad you two had a great time together.
Anonymous said…
It was the perfect day!! I had a great time. Thanks for everything Laura! (The leftover pie never made it to work!! tee-hee!)
Andrea said…
I love the colours in those pictures. They really capture the feel of summer.