today is 'country day' at work.  it's a day i invented.  on country day one dresses country style and one listens to country music all day long.  basically i just want to wear my cowboy hat.  we'll see how many people comply to my directionals.

i'm very disappointed in my new bamboo bath scrubby.

  a week or two ago i went to the beach on a whim.  i thought i just might take a dip.  it was in the evening and i put on my suit and just pulled my jean capris over my bottoms and just wore my top as a top if you know what i'm saying.  at the beach everything goes.  well once i got there it was quite chilly and no one was swimming so i stayed on my blankie and read and watched the sunset.  on my way home i was thinking about how i had to have a shower but that i needed a new bath scrubby.  i had been without a bath scrubby for far too long and i didn't want to have one more shower without one.  so i decided to stop at shoppers on my way home.  it was closed.  safeway was open.  so i risked it and went in in my bathing suit top. i felt so embarrassed.  it's not like my stomach was showing or anything, but it was because i was wearing it like a top.  i felt like people were purposely averting their eyes.  to make matters worse, there was only one kind of bath scrubby--the bamboo one, and i didn't know if it would work out but i had to get it now that i had breached safeway in my suit.  i also bought some ice cream.  how weird for some woman to come in, in her bathing suit top, and she proceeds to buy ice cream and a bath scrubby.  i'm avoiding safeway for a while.

and now the said scrubby does not perform well=mortification for nothing.

on the brighter side i wear a cowboy hat to work today.  i might even line dance while i'm making butternut squarsh soup.

Comments

amyleigh said…
I'm sure you looked very cute and summery in your bathing suit/capri get up, and that the mortification really WAS for nothing. I always see you as cute/beautiful and am never compelled to look away, I couldn't even imagine such a thing, and I also couldn't imagine other people feeling that way.

I'm going to have a country day of my own! A marvelous idea.
Beth-a-knee said…
I think the mortification was all in your head, labee. Why would people avert their eyes from a wondrously beautiful labee? Whether in bathing suit top or pajamas with feet. If their eyes were averted, it was no doubt just the usual unfriendly stranger eye averting that goes on all the time, and you just attributed it with the other meaning because you felt self conscious.
Too bad about the bamboo scrubbie.
Sarah-Lynn said…
Remember the macs debacle? I don't think just having your bathing suit top on in the summer is that weird. It might be a little weird to go into a store with only a bathing suit on. Such a tragic scrubby event.