i'm in squamish.  heather just went to bed.  i felt like i had a lot to write about but now my mind is blank.  let's start with how bushed i've been lately.  3 days out of 5 this week i have had to go to early morning work sites.  yesterday and today i wasn't training.  i was covering a shift and working my buns off.  like a dog.  a dog with buns of steel.  hu?  anyways this site i was covering at-- is a really big office and i had to do the floors.  vacuum, sweep and mop.  let me tell you it was like a two hour work out.  i don't want to brag or anything but i rocked those floors.  each morning i would get up, pee, brush my teeth, get dressed, feed the cats, grab my make-up bag and leave.  wild hair--didn't care.

yesterday i got home just after 2 to see heather sitting on the ground outside my door.  i did leave her the keys but they are tricky to work so she gave up and had a sit down outside my door.  we watched something together and then i had a 3 hour nap that felt like 2 minutes.

on the way to see nikki, james and newbabyspence we stopped at konichiwa to pick up some sushi.  i got a yam roll, a beef teriyaki roll and of course, gyoza.  we took the low road and the low road as some irregularities in the surface of the said road, that may or may not have caused my soy sauce to rise up in the air and splash down the sides of my jeans which may or may not have caused me to slightly scream but not slow down in any way.

nikki and james live in the top half of a house in north east van and not in a warehouse.  we pulled up just before they pulled up and we met them as they were backing into their back driveway.  james parked so close to the fence that he had to get out the passenger side.  at the bottom of their back stairs was a wild effusion of unkempt flowers, which i liked.

we had a nice visit. newbabyspence is super cute.  he has the cutest almond eyes.  i got to hold him quite a bit because he was fussy and h panicked and passed him off to me.  i managed to settle him down with the ol' bum pat rhythm and eventually the hang over my arm football hold which he seemed to particularly enjoy.  my arms tired quickly though.  moms should have the buffest arms.  speaking of moms nikki was a calm peaceful mom.  motherhood sits well on her and h and i noticed.

suddenly it was already 9 and we left.

today was my early day and since i worked early i was off extra early as in 12:30.  today was the last day of our current menu.  today i had a bokchoi salad and it was delish.

today when i got home heather was not sitting on the ground outside my door.  today i was extra loopy due to lack of sleep.  the loopiest.  so heather drove. first we stopped at best buy so she could pick up a tv  show or something and i could pick up a cordless mouse.  the mouse i have now is the worst.  i picked out a stylish red one with a design on it.  it was on sale for 24 buckeroos.  but it scanned as 34.  so it follows that i got it for 14.  nice eh?  unbeknownst to me, i left my laptop at home, backed in it's cute little bag.  grrr to that.  i had plans!  i was going to edit late at night and early in the morning and while we watched so you think you can dance, etc.

heather was hungry.  i wasn't.  but she was. let's just be clear on that. so since there was no wendy's on the way we racked our brains.  and it all came down to the donair.  yes.  yes we did.  we went there on tuesday night and friday afternoon.  it was a little embarrassing actually.  their new interac machine was down so i ran next door to the 7/11 to get some cash.  when i got back cutie said "so laura, you're all ready to go?"  "what?" i said like a dummy.  he repeated himself and i said yes and paid and heather and i left and as we left i said out of the corner of my mouth to heather "how does he know my name?"  he sneakily asked heather when i was gone if my name was michelle and she said no, it was laura.  sneaky hey?  that cutie donair guy with his little boy smiles.  he's kicking it up a notch.

so then we wolfed them down as we drove in a manner that no one should ever have to witness, and drove on to squamish. beautiful squamish and rothko waiting for heather's loves and snuggles.

i thought i was fine but once here i laid my head down and realized how desperately tired i was.  i slept for an hour and 45 in h's dark bedroom on h's deluxe air mattress.  she tried to wake me up after 1 hour.  i vaguely recall this.  apparently i asked for half an hour more.  she gave me 45.

so you think you can dance was watched despite the antics of the computer.  what a good show.  it's my summer show.  thanks to barb for getting me hooked even though i never once came to watch it with her and amy and fox.

ok.  i've rambled hard and long.  i'm going to get some cushions together and have a snoozeroo and i don't have to get up at any hour that has anything to do with the number between 4 and 6.  ha.le.lu.ya.

Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
that sneaky donair guy! He's kicking it up a notch, so you should, too. You should sneakily find out HIS name and then casually use it the next you see him. Of course, calling him donair guy has it's certain glamour though.
Yeah my arms are totally buff! holding babies for extended periods out of necessity is def a workout.
Karey said…
hahaha sneaky donair guy. Love it! I think you need to go more often now :)