a freebie is a freebie and a rubby is a roughie and so on

it's friday finally.  that's the way i feel.  this week seemed long and dreary in parts.  and my home is dreary.  i don't like it right now.  drearsville.  i don't know--it's just yucky.

today we made french toast at work.  kaz and i got in a debate because our menu said french toast, scrambled eggs, and sausages.  he thought that was totally outrageous.  "it's a lot of egg," i admitted, "but it's not that unusual". kaz could not wrap his head around the concept.  he said he changed it.  i said "kaz.  i am making french toast and scrambled eggs tomorrow and that's final."  he doesn't trust me about these things.  he had to ask some other people to see what they said.  once doing that he begrudgingly allowed that canadians are weird about their eggs.  i don't know if this is true.  today he had mac and cheese in protest.  he missed out on the best french toast i've ever made.  i based it loosely on a recipe i saw on pioneer woman.  she uses only egg yolks, half and half, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla.  i used only egg yolks (you need way more eggs this way--that's the down side), icing sugar, creamo and lemon juice.  divine.  just saying.  i still sprinked brown sugar and cinnamon on top.  pioneer woman also makes a 'lish looking berry butter.  check it out.    i think the french toast cheered me up.  sometimes when i get into making something that i enjoy it totally cheers me up.

wednesday i woke up full of the drears.  i was tired and in a bad mood.  my hair was ick.  i was on dishes for lunch.  the steam helped plump my hair out.  then straight from dishes i was doing the wednesday baking with rob.  he's my baking buddy.  we were making pizza pretzels.  when we started i was still in a bad mood.  sometimes when i'm in a bad mood the rain cloud is mostly on the inside and i manage to treat everyone pretty cheerfully but sometimes it escapes out in some shortness and impatience.  so anyways i was rolling dough for the pretzels and people kept coming to the snack bar.  it bugs.  this one guy in particular was pushing my buttons.  "idiot." i muttered under my breath and went to help him. when i got back rob asked me if i was in a bad mood. i looked at him in surprise.  "is it because i called him an idiot under my breath?" i asked.  he hadn't heard that but thought it was funny so for the rest of the day we called people idiots and that actually cheered me up quite a bit.  nothing like name calling to cheer the cockles of ones heart.  that plus the pizza pretzels turned out really well.

that night i went over to esther's to baby sit while she went to pick up her two sisters in seattle.  it was super hot inside of the house what with the heat wave and the pizza in the oven and a day with no windows open.  so i decided we would have a pizza picnic outside on the grass and that is what we did.  afterwards we washed my car which was completely spattered with bird poo and under that was the dried on bugs from my will's lake road trip and probably some from the vernon road trip too.  that plus i haven't washed my car since a couple of years ago when i paid douglas to do it.  the rain washes it, ok?

all the kids took turns with the hose.  it was the most dangerous when isabel had it--we all got quite wet.  it was lots of fun.  then we had 'yogurt freezies' and played go-go-stop, life guard, what time is it mr. wolf, and freeze tag.  i leaped onto a black knobly thing in the grass with my bare foot during go-go-stop.  anything to win go-go-stop, you know?  

then we read something like 10 stories and after prying them off this most annoying long game i got them in bed.  easy peasy taiwaneesie.  then i had a shower and fell asleep on the couch working on photos.  esther and tania and other sister came home a little after 12:30.  i was pretty groggy.  i drove home in a grogg and fell into a deep sleep.  in the morning my hair was weird because it was still damp when i fell asleep.  the side that i slept on wasn't as curly--more wavy on top except a really tight little curl at my temple and the other side was it's usual curly self.  i looked weird.  i shrugged it off.  una pointed it out and laughed at the tight temple curls.  hmph.

anywho, in will's lake i did a photo shoot of bethabee and her rubby-hubby and baby boys.  i offered her a freebie or two while i'm doing eryn's weddin.  here they are below.  and don't you think the water mark she made me is so beautiful?  i love it. and hey can you see the tiny flecks of rain?  it was raining lightly at this point.



Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
I love the pictures--you sneaky l'bee, you did two! That was real sneaky of you and I don't mind saying so. I can't wait for the rest but I'll be patient seeing as how you're swamped right now.
That's fun how calling people 'idiot' made your day better. I don't like having the 'drears' but I like that name for it. 'the drears'.
french toast plus eggs/sausages? shrug. not ridiculous a-tall.
Sarah-Lynn said…
Beautiful pics! I laughed at many parts like- the idiot part- wasn't that the day we talked and we agreed that boys are idiots, dweebs or chumps? Ha ha ha. Those kids are sure lucky to have such a fun auntie come and baby sit! And, good for you for not treating others meanly when you're in a bad mood, I can't say the same for myself.

Oh and the french toast sounds deeevine.
Sarah-Lynn said…
ps- good title, so very true and profound.