efusions

start early-- off early--that's my day today.  i came home feeling very agitated--bugged.  somethings really bug me.  like i felt bugged way down past the epidermis and into the platelets.  pumped straight to the heart.  it's ebbing now and i'm ready to say that i had an over-reaction.  what interests me is why?  why was that particular stimulus (involving recycling bins being left in the cargo van, it so happens) so potent, so virulent?  i don't know.  it just bugged me and bugged me deep.  i guess i'm allowed to be bugged once in a while.

last friday i did a quickie at the sharing farm in the morning first thing.  the last people to be there were una and i three weeks before.  we had staked the snap peas and tomato plants.  we didn't know how to stake.  we made it up as we went along.  at that time the plants were barely mid calf high.  as we approached our garden plot last friday morning i gasped.  it was a totally different garden! a wild amount of growth had occurred. the snap peas were now chest high.  full of flowers and peas and totally curled around our bamboo stakes.  it was awesome.  i can't tell you how exciting the snap peas were for me.  i want to grow some of my own next year.  i just think it's so cool and miraculous how they grow.  how their curly tendrils reach out and grab a hold of something and climb up.  i loved how bushy and wild and beautiful they were.  meanwhile the beans a row over had reached over and completely wrapped itself around the pole all the way to the top.

i like gardening.  who knew it would happen to me?

my hair is like snap pea bushes.  it's wild and bushy and the small curls reach out and curl around any other curl it can fuse on to.

one more day and lisa will be back at work and i'll be glad.

Comments

amyleigh said…
what a delightful post! I have to start off saying that. And the effusions about Snappi's. Wonderful. (most appreciated).

I also love gardening more than I ever would have thought back when weeding was a hated chore. I love plants and how everything quiets down when you work around them for a while.

That deep-down bugging sounds like a pain-body to me. Ever read 'the power of now' or 'a new earth' by Eckhart Tolle? He talks about pain-bodies in those.
Beth-a-knee said…
It's about time you realized you had a head like a snap pea bush. We've all known for YEARS.

Gardening is neat. I've always loved it but I seem to need a push to get going on it.