red dress ghetto-like

so.  i know everyone wants to see the wedding pics.  well you can't yet... ok, i'll try to get some sneak peeks out soon  just to appease and please.  the truth is that i've been having some deep down soul struggles and i haven't been able to do anything creative.  it's funny how for me being creative is tied to my soul's well being.  but it really is.  that being said, i wore the red dress today.  i woke up and i began to think about primary and was i conducting that sunday and then in the cloudy recesses of my mind i remembered something about stake conference coming soon... sure enough it was today.  i missed yesterday's session.  "of course you won't go."  said the dark girl stretching languidly, "you had a really bad day yesterday.  it's too much.  just stay home."  "of course i will go.  it might be exactly what i need." corrected goody two shoes girl.  so i got up, showered and ironed the red dress.  even standing on my stool looking in the bathroom mirror i couldn't see the  full effect so i just went on to church hoping that  there was nothing glaringly wrong with the fit.

now i know that what is not so right is the arms.  they are tight elastic and too tight.  by the time i took it off after church i had a glaring red line bracleting my upper arms.  especially uncomfy when my arms are stretched out in front of me in driving position.  also the neck is quite open.  i constantly felt like i might be exposed with every movement.  i need to secure that a little more and then i'll feel better.

so when i got home from church i took some pics. i didn't put my heart into it.  they're totally ghetto and the lighting is bad.  but you'll get the idea.

outside my bedroom door with edith's bbq.  i look totally lopsided here.
 my eyes aren't really that colour.  you'll see that the ruffles are trimmed with black serging.
 hi.  i live in the ghetto.
 izzy watching me from the kitchen, is embarrassed and pretends not to know me.
 you don't know how hard it is to take a full body pic of yourself.

 doin' a twirly.  it's a good twirly dress.
 weird i don't now what happened to the lighting here pic.

Comments

Andrea said…
I love the dress! I know what you mean about arm elastic. I have a dress like that, too. I took the elastic out. And I don't think it is strange that your creativity is tied to your soul's wellbeing. I think that's the way it is.
Kyle said…
I love it too!!! I don't even find the pictures ghetto. I think it's even cuter on you than it looked on the web site. And yes, I do know how hard it is to take a full bodied pic of myself. It always turns out blury when I try. I know that part of that reason is because I don't know how to use my camera properly though. I like Izzy pretending not to know you.
Sarah-Lynn said…
argh. Imagine if that was really Kyle? Awkward thing to say to your sister in law...
Karey said…
haha Sarah. as i was reading what "Kyle" wrote i was thinking that must be sarah. awkward :)

Love the dress Laura. thanks for posting the pics. I now know what you mean about the fabric being lighter.
eryn. said…
i love the dress! so cute on you. and just take the elastic out of the sleeves... easy peasy.

i'm dying for pics, but i also understand the whole soul thing.