new lens day 2

subject victim 1: the long suffering orange chubby
why doesn't she leave me alone?  doesn't she know what time it is?   

if i ignore her maybe she'll stop bugging me and go to sleep.  meanwhile my paw will turn her to jelly with it's unbearable cuteness.

subject 2: the gorgeous niece.  we were at maria's baptisim and i had no room on my plate for dessert so i forced my desserts onto madelaine's plate and pointed out to passers by how much dessert she was taking.  it's what good aunties do.  then while others were still eating and visiting, i took out back to practice with my new lens.  "i'm not photogenic..." she started.  "pffff.  please!" i interrupted.  and who, i ask you, was right.  me.  i was right.  i'm right a lot but don't let that discourage you.  we can't all be right.  anywatanabe, look at this kid.  she knocks my socks off.  i was only going to do a couple but i just couldn't.





 madelaine's eyes are liquid amber and i'm smack dab in the middle of them.

 these shots i was testing out different f stops and well madelaine was just hanging around being her cute self.





 madelaine was only a few months old when i lived with her family in japan.  i sang her to sleep with my swedish lullabyes.  this makes my head spin (literally.  it's like the excorsist)



 we sat around the church talking for a long time.  then we went back to jord and tracy's changed and went for a walk a tynehead park.  fatima declares this park to be in cloverchuck but that's NOT TRUE.  it's in fleetwood..  it was a very pretty park chalk full of buttercups and....
 slugs. subject 3: slugs everywhere.  i can't help it, i think slugs are cool and make a cool subjects.  i mean i don't ever want to step on one, but look at their shape.  it's awesome.
 here i missed the slug but i thought this shot was kind of cool anyways.
eventually i had to lay down on the path to get my subject.  this time, just outside the narrow line of focus, he looks like an alien.

 it looks like he's eating a rock.
 subject 4: hips and legs comparisons

nice bums eh?  it was getting too dark and thus the blurriness.
 subject 5: tiny tot

the end.

Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
oy. where to start? May I just say that I LOVE your new lens? It takes the coolest photos! I love the pictures of orange chubby.

I love the pictures of Madelaine's eyes! sheesh! And the close-ups were she's smiling are very pretty. And the 'tiny tot' picture of elizabeth! She is SOO cute! argh!

liked the bums shot and the walking shots. loved the colours.
Beth-a-knee said…
oh I forgot to say one thing: I am offended by your slug pictures. how dare you. At the same time I love them.
Sarah-Lynn said…
A very enjoyable post. I enjoyed each subject and was sad when it was all over. Madelaine is gorge. And now I know why I'm not a good photographer- I wouldn't get down on my tummy to take a picture of a slug. I just wouldn't. Who's the middle bum?
Lady of Light said…
I remember when Madelaine was little. Although, she probably doesn't remember me. Almost makes me feel oldish. You've captured her in two very interesting ways - very young girlish almost childlike if you will, yet you also capture her as a mature young woman almost beyond her years. Nicely done, bud.