hope you know...

emotional day today.  i worked late but had to drop my car off for an oil change, new battery and apparently some kind of belt replacement, at 10.  i thought it would just be an hour or something so i walked down to lisa's mani-pedi place for a pedicure.  i got new and fancy shoes--a dressed up flip-flop if you will, for eryn's wedding yesterday and i needed a new look for my grubby feets.  this place is all korean women chit-chatting to each other and doing what they do best.  i felt sorry for my lady because she had a lot of work to do on my toots.  understatement, right?  anyways she totally gave her.  i mean she went above and beyond and did miraculous work.  the weirdest feeling is when they put your feet back in the water and how they slip around because there is no more traction.  i cut my baby toe on the faucet.  it was weird.  she was really kind to me.  funny that today when i was feeling so emotionally fragile, all throughout my day i met strangers who were kind and gentle with me.  anyways i really like the colour i chose and i got her to do a design on the big toes.  i like it.

then since my car was still not done, i went to chapters to look at photography books and to pick up a wedding card.  the man at the till was almost tender.  it was strange.  then i realized that i had not eaten since lunch the day before so i went to eat at the white-spot because it's the right spot.  i haven't eaten alone at a restaurant since my stop over in seoul on my way home from japan in 1998.  i was feeling brave i guess.  it was really busy. surprisingly so.  the hostess was pushing me towards sitting at the bar.  i hugged my books to my chest and told her i didn't want to sit at the bar.  i felt like a little kid.  she found me a nice table facing the fire place and beside the window.  i read my book and my food came really fast.  i had a blueberry shake.  i was going to say chocolate but when she listed off blueberry it reminded me of steve and his blueberry pie and i chose that.   the only reason i got a shake was because there is a special right now with burgers and shakes but truth be told, the shake was too much.

work called while i was at the white spot.  they were out of granola.  i told lisa i would just walk to price smart before coming to work and grab some.  when i was walking into price smart, i got a call  from one of my housing guys who was sick and throwing up.  he's a young guy--just out on his own for the first time and i think he missed his mom taking care of him.

it was super windy today and my hair is yucky as a result--not that i minded the wind at all.  i like wind a lot.

i'm going to bed.

Comments

amyleigh said…
Other 'fub also loves the wind - I like it in a romantic way, but when I'm out n' about I do have to say I prefer a gentle breeze to a feirce guster-oo.

I like your noting of how you felt fragile and it seemed like the universe was taking care of exacly what you needed..I'm sure miraculous things like that are happening all the time, if we had the eyes to see it all the time. Anyways I thought that was neat.
Sarahstottle said…
wind can make me mad sometimes. Like when I have to fight it on a bike, or when it's whipping rain at me, or when it would be warm out if it weren't for it's chilling gusts that don't let up and freeze my ears. I guess I'm not as romantic as you are. I hope you get some good pics of you at the wedding too, because you are going to be babelicious. Wish I could do your hair...
Andrea said…
I actually love eating at a restaurant by myself - read, write and get waited on and not disturbed...