uneventful

it's sunday and i've just experienced a miracle.  i've become one of those single people with bare refrigerators. when i do buy fresh foods, more often then naught they end up dying a slow and sad death in a cold drawer, uneaten and unloved.  i've come to the conclusion that when it comes to fresh foods i must only buy what i am going to eat that day.  i'm so tired of wasting food.  i just threw away some liquid eggs that moved with me to this place last summer!  and i watched a bunch of radishes sink from a robust cheery clump to a shriveled limp pittance.  i'm a bad person.  so the miracle-- i was gathering some food to throw away and i came upon a partial loaf of bread!  i had only the foggiest idea that i might have any bread in my possession.  i looked at the due date on the tab--march 5th.  i examined the loaf for mold, sniffed it and took a cautious bite.  dry but not moldy.  miracle!  i happily ate my miracle as some raspberry jam toast.

in the words of ursula the sea witch, "eric!  get away from her!"  just kidding, i meant "pahTHEtic".  but urusula shouldn't judge me--who is she to judge??

i wore the blue dress today.  it's spring so it was time to resurrect it.  i should call it the magical blue dress.  everyone loves it.  i always get lots of comments on the magical blue dress.  we had two baptisims at church today.  i went to the one in the chinese branch because a girl from our primary was getting baptized.  a red headed guy was getting baptized in our ward same time same place so they had meetings in different rooms and just staggered the actual use of the font.  after cathy was baptized i stayed in the hall and chatted to suzanne who i haven't seen much since she got released from primary and had a new baby. said new baby was sleeping in her arms sucking his thumb.  he looked like a cute lump of squishy, cuddly baby.  suzanne said she thought that her arm muscles would have time to grow with the baby but that the had been gaining a lb a day...is that what she really said?  holy moly.  anyways it was nice to chitchat as elicia would say.  suzanne told me that the guy had to be baptized 5 times before it had gone right!  oi.

i didn't go back to the baptisimal service, but went home quickly fed the cats, myself and headed back out.  i had a meeting at the vancouver chapel.  somehow i've become involved in helping with the food for the upcoming mid-singles/single adult conference.  the meeting was held in the mother's room--the only room availale, with barb, doug and garry sandin who's the big chef.  it was uneventful.

i came home and had my weekly talk with sarah on skype, napped and finished a book and had miracle toast.    uneventful.

yesterday there was an accident right in front of my house.  there were firemen, medics and police officers.  i peeked through my blinds, hoping that they wouldn't suddenly crash to the floor as they are wont to do, and reveal me.  eventful.

maybe i should run an orphanage.

Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
ha ha, that would have been funny if your blinds fell. The blue dress is magical and everyone should have a magical dress. I don't. You should be eating at someone's house for dinner on Sunday. If I lived there, you'd be invited every week. It would be fun.
Karey said…
You see so lonely. I can't wait to come for my visit.
Remember the accident in front of our place on 49th????? me too :)
LeashyLoo said…
I think that you should post a picture of you in the magical blue dress so I can see it! I wish I had a magical blue dress (or any type of magical clothing for that matter). I'm suffering from old, nearly wornout, faded clothes that make me look dowdy.....
katie said…
i want to have a weekly chat too!!! And you just need to plan what you are going to eat and then follow through with your plans--you can still have fresh food and it won't go bad...
Laura said…
katie, both sarah and i are bored sunday afternoon. perfect time for chats.
Beth-a-knee said…
what is this blue dress? I agree that there needs to be a picture of it.
That's a sad story about your empty fridge. You should at least have bread at all times! what is one to eat without bread?