shameless idealists

i found a show called shameless idealists.  it's about amazing people.  a sit down with  amazing people.  i just watched one about jesse jackson.  he knew martin luther king jr.  was with him when he died.  he lived segregation.  it's amazing to hear him and hear his thoughts and listen to his memories.  


i'm so glad i found this show.  last night i watched a movie about normal people who do unspeakable horrible things.  every day people like you and me.  today i see every day normal people who do great amazing things.  people like you and me who rise up and do something and change the world for good.  when you see such appalling evil you can sometimes forget that there is great good in the world also.  and power within each of us.  unlimited power to do good.


here's something the reverend jesse jackson said:


I Am - Somebody
by Jesse Jackson



I Am
Somebody
I Am
Somebody
I May Be Poor
But I Am
Somebody
I May Be Young
But I Am
Somebody
I May Be On Welfare
But I Am
Somebody
I May Be Small
But I Am
Somebody
I May Make A Mistake
But I Am
Somebody
My Clothes Are Different
My Face Is Different
My Hair Is Different
But I Am
Somebody
I Am Black
Brown
White
I Speak A Different Language
But I Must Be Respected
Protected
Never Rejected
I Am
God's Child
I Am
Somebody




Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
Hey I watched your link on facebook. You made me curious about the good and the bad.