new bike

it was crazy day at work.  ok every day is crazy day at my work, but today was particularily off the wall.  everybody is a little bit off.  i think it's because of spring.  twitterpated but not in love.  sarah and i are twitterpated with ourselves and each other.  anyway the last member left the clubhouse in a fit of anger from a conversation he was having on the phone.  it was hard to take him seriously though because he was wearing women's glasses--clear pink cat eye ones.

so i drove out to langley to debi's house (she's a co-worker, as barb would say) after work.  debi gave me her bike.  it's eighties green.  the green of my front and back v-neck sweater of 1988/889 that katie helped me pick out via the eeny meeny miny mo process.  debi helped me fit it in the trunk, i bungeed the trunk down with a bungee cord that i found in the middle of the road earlier today, and i drove up to the temple, and had a lovely session.

i sat beside gabi (sp?) sala who said she knew my 'brother' mike, on the other side was amber (iwassa) peters and later i talked with a temple worker from vandrhoof who knew mom and dad.  she said i looked like mom and that mom was a beautiful woman.  :)  sister yates took me through the veil and katrina's mom said hello to me in the changing room.  one of the best things about having a temple here is how it's full of people you know.

i was the last one out of the celestial room.  it was perfect and still just the way i like it.

on the way home i stopped at a shell to  fill up the tires on my new bike.  i pulled up where two shell employees were smoking just in front of the air pump.  i was getting out of the car when i saw what looked like a coin slot above the air pump.  "do you have to pay for air?" i asked the dudes. "yeah." said the dudes.  so i hopped back into my car and drove on.  i am not paying for air.  it's dumb.  next stop was a chevron your town pump where air was free, all be it in a creepy corner.

now i'm home and there's a new to me bike in my bedroom.  tomorrow i can get a helmet and lock.  yippee skippee!

night.

Comments

LeashyLoo said…
Rock on Laursie! A new bike! Awesome!Enjoy it! BTW...your brother Mike? Huh?
LeashyLoo said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah-Lynn said…
A perfect after work kind of day, you know? New bike, temple sesh, free air. I like it.
Karey said…
Last night i went to put air in my tires and noticed you had to pay too. what's up with that??? Since when do you have to pay for air??? I ended up paying though. sigh!
katie said…
I would never pay for air either.
eryn. said…
i always ask the attendant, and they can turn the air on for free usually... they never charge me to fill my bike tires. i think they do it because those things get vandalised all the time.

post pictures of the bike!!! i wanna see!!!!