whirlwind noel, noel, sweet noel. (i once had a crush on a boy named noel, btw)

well i had good intentions but i still got caught up in christmas busy-ness.  i tried hard not to get stressed though.  so that's the groovy part of it all.  have yourself  a groovy little christmas...

i've been at katie's since saturday night and i've been having a fun time.  katie's given me elizabeth's room while i'm here.  there's a bed and everything.  it's extra special.  i'm laying in the bed now with my christmas night light blinking.  it's a wreath that you plug in and it very appropriately says joy in the middle.  katie was looking for somewhere to put it.  "throw it away" says brent.  the girls said there was no room in their inn.  so it's shining in my room and it makes me feel extra christmassy.

i can't believe that today is thursday already.  every day has melted into the next.  i've been consumed with christmas projects as usual.  :)  it's what i do and i just can't stop.  the biggest project was one of andrea's gifts.  i gotta say that i put my whole heart and soul into and i'm pretty happy with the outcome.  i took pics and i'll share after andrea opens it.  then i expect everyone to ooh and ahhh so be prepared.

katie and i have also been out and about doing last minute christmas shopping and errands.  i'm almost all done.  all wrapped too.  i just have a few more little things to finish for the girlie-whirls.

i'm thankful that i get to spend christmas here with my sister and her family and that i still have people around that make christmas special.  of course i'll miss all the absentees this year too but i think everyone's going to have that special, preshus, lovelay kind of christmas wherever they are.

i have sweet potatahs in my rum.  they were in a bag of old navy stuff i brought over for katie.  we were going through them and katie took the sweet potatahs out and put them on the hope chest just randomly beside a ruler.  later we called brent in to show him the goods.  the first thing he said when he came in "why are you measuring the yams?"  gave me the giggles.

gotta go.  bye.

Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
I thought it was spelled 'speshul'! Wow I am shocked. You used to be so stubborn about only wrapping on Christmas Eve. Christmas is coming so fast! I am done my shopping but still have some projects that I haven't even started yet.
Laura said…
i've been wrapping before christmas eve for many years now precious. surely you'll recall?
Sarahstottle said…
Lol Brents comments make me laugh too. I'm glad that you and Katie get to spend Christmas together too. It's big of me to say so, because I really wish I could be there too. You are right though, even though we are mostly apart this year, we will all be taking the specialness of Christmas with us where ever we are, because that's who we are.
amyleigh said…
it IS spelled 'speshul', I'm sure it was just a typo on laBee's part. As well as the ill-spelled 'precious' in her answering comment. PreSHUS! Hey, if you've been in Nanaimo all that time, you should have come and seen me! We're only half an hour away! Maybe we should hang out today!
Laura said…
yes it was my fingers doing. they don't listen to my brain sometimes. of course it's preshus and speshul. i know it. i didn't know YOU were here! what kind of hanging out did you have in mind? you should call me. on my cell. shawn has it. or call katie's house.
Andrea said…
Laura, that gift is amazingly, incredibly beautiful! I couldn't hear too much about what you said about it on Skype and later I was worried you couldn't hear how amazed and grateful I was! Can't wait to read about it.
eryn. said…
i also thought the gift was pretty awesome. i was impressed.
eryn. said…
laura!! i want photos of you in your earrings!!!