i still don't have my laptop! grrr...

today called for a severe ponytail-bun. i can be honest and say it wasn't the best look for me. by the time i got home the whole do had begun to disintegrate into random fuzz springing up all over the place. by that time it didn't matter--i was home and i was going to clean.

the name of the game for the last week or so has been neglect. the litter box--i cannot describe the horror. the kitchen--piles of dishes and no more clean spoons. i'm a single person who owns a lot of spoons and i was OUT. also i may or may not have used almost all of my mixing bowls. i don't want to say either way.

i haven't been up to dealing. up until today i have stood many times in the kitchen looking at the mess and then had to turn away to something more important like 'the biggest loser', or clipping my fingernails or staring at the wall. ok, i don't really stare at the walls. i mostly just spend a lot of time editing photos and waiting for my computer to bumble along.

first i dealt with the littler box--better to do the hardest first. after that everything seems easy and a tower of dishes melts like butter on a hot bun. i was just thinking about doing the dishes when biff called and asked me if i would like to go out to eat with her and her rubby roughy. "but i'm a grub." i said. biff said i could spruce myself up. how dare she say 'spruce'! impudence aside, she was right--i could spruce! so i did a huge tower of dishes and then i spruced and i didn't do too bad of a job either.

we decided to eat at nuba. nuba is a special place. middle eastern food is where it's at. i think i could live on a diet of middle eastern food and be mostly happy the rest of my life. we went to the one just off of main and we arrived at almost the same time. inside a man with a full curly dark brown beard ushered us to a table and set it for us.

ben was unsure of what to get. i could read mistrust all over his face. "do you want me to order for you?" asked biff. "yes!" said the rub-a-dub in relief. we shared some manoushe--rustic flat bread. we got lamb and feta. HELLO. i got the toasted deluxe chicken pita and biff got the chicken breast plate which came with tabouleh, hummus, organic brown rice, a salad, and hot sauce. ben got the special of the day which was lamb chops. i also got the juice of the day--carrot, apple, beet, lime. but you should say it like the: carrotapplebeetlime! i liked it but biff don't like beets. she likes the beats tho. elbo.

it was all delicous. it was all nuba-lishous! biff and i were super happy with our choices. ben thought the chops would be bigger eh.

when curly beard brought us the bill my juice was not on it. i told him "hey you didn't charge me for my juice." he didn't care. "oh i didn't? looks like the juice is on me." i got a free juice! thanks curly beard!

after having some renewed laughter about ben's "neil armstrong" drawing from pictionary on friday night we left and parted ways. maybe the next time i see them it will be baby time.

today at work was tootsie pop day. there were sweet tarts too. i remember when martha turned 16 and she handed a guy at church a sweet tart and said "i'm 16 now". the sweet tart said call me.

i can make a mean multigrain pizza crust dough. i've perfected it. i think. well it might not be perfect but it's a lot better than the first time i made it, before i tweaked it, that is. captain von trapp should have tweaked maria's nose rather than softly pat it condescendingly. anything rather than the pat. hey! they were all on op last week! a sound of music reunion!

bye.

Comments

Karey said…
I watched that Op. i liked it.
I can't believe you don't have the laptop yet!!!!!! Have you called them back lately?
Sarahstottle said…
I didn't even know you were getting a lap. This post was filled with tidbits of random cabin fever. I liked it. I too could live off middle eastern food and be happy ie: the wonderful donair (how I miss it!)
Andrea said…
I think you should come and cook lamb things with me - you have all the taste experiences... lamb burgers, lamb and feta...yum!
Laura said…
i was supposed to get a free one for singing up with telus in 3 months ago. they have yet to deliver.
Andrea said…
Maybe you should reverse the tactics and tell them you'll pay your bill when you get your laptop!
Beth-a-knee said…
the rare time people get to be around me in a relaxed atmosphere they say the same thing about me. Although I am still quieter and more shy than you.

I could live off of Middle Eastern food too--soo yummy and satisfying!

Ben is still adamant that there's no reason we couldn't have seen that his picture was of a man kneeling. ahhh. enjoyable.
LeashyLoo said…
I had to laugh at the Martha anecdote. It tickled my funny bone!