hairy-scaries

i swept my carpet today. it worked remarkably well. sweeping your carpet is no substitute for vacuuming it but it's handy in a pinch when one has home teachers coming in half an hour, say. it's nice to have home teachers. it would almost be equally nice to have my own vacuum. actually i almost have enough points to get one with my save-on points. it's a bissell pet vacuum so i'm especially keen to get it. when i get it i'm going to sing the taylor's song "wonder of wonders, miracles of miracles..." except instead of swinging a fake laughing tzeitel around in a gawky dance, i'm going to gawkily swing my silent, stoic vacuum cleaner around. hey! i should name my vacuum tzeitel!! done.

yesterday at the leadership broadcast an elderly backed into my car leaving a bigish dent. back to the body shop for whinnie.

after the broadcast i drove to fatima and daman's to help them pack because they are moving. i brought my laptop, ruthie, and mr. d. installed photoshop for me. he's a real pal-o-rama. we had no end of fun with packing tape dispensers, boxes and felt pens. in no time at all f+b's living room developed a large island of boxes. then d-man got us some ice cream because we (read i) really wanted some. then we were tired and cold so we climbed in thebigbed and got cozy. naturally we spent some time taking silly pics of ourselves. we talked. we made a fatima bunwich and we watched the news.

last weak post supah freak, i went to the temple and it was exactly what i needed. enter peace stage left. the next day i was working late so i spent the morning listening to talks and working on photos. when i got to work i felt buoyant. then today i got a blessing from brother roeder, my home teacher. he gave me some good tips too and a contact to talk to. fact is, he's a ubc prof. fact is calgary's not accepting apps this year. fact is their program is under review. fact is, sometimes you just have to try and try again and keep trying. fact is, you got to put yourself out there and act with faith in order to get the miracles. fact is, you aint never been to a ball!

remember when you had buy the internet access by time amounts? crazy.

alarming new bug to slither into my room: centipede!!! ugh. the terrifying thing about centipedes is how fast they slither across the room. in my case i saw it as i was walking into my bedroom and it was heading straight towards my basket of clothes with clothes spilling out of it onto the floor. it was going so fast i had no time to get a killing device. i was picking items of clothing up just before the centipede got to them, throwing them behind me and picking up the new thing, letting out short bursts of screams as i went. finally we got past the clothes and i grabbed the garbage can and bashed it over and over until it curled up and died. then i lay on my bed panting with adrenaline pumping. centipedes sting too. and it's like a bee sting and can swell. if i'm bitten by a centipede in the night, the first thing i'll think is bed bug. i need to weather proof my door, man.

Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
I cannot believe you've been living with out a vacuum all this time. It actually horrifies me to think of all the cat hair that must be in your house!! I feel like sneezing.

What's with the U of C? I've heard they've been having issues, which is one of the reasons why we never found out Kyle was accepted there until we had already moved here. So does that mean you're just applying to UBC? Not the U of M by any chance??? Hey, one can hope!


ps. I liked your "fact is" bit. Well done.
Karey said…
haha Sarah!
I'm sad about U of C. Once again another Clarke letting me down :)
I enjoyed the "fact is" bit too.
Laura said…
hey i still vacuum! just not as often as i'd like. i have to beg borrow and steal vacuums
Beth-a-knee said…
we have a bissel and it's reeeeeally good! And I know a few other people who have the same one and they all love it too.

centipedes fill me with absolute terror.

yes. the 'fact is' bit was very well done.
LeashyLoo said…
What happened to the vaccum I gave you? That did a good job of getting rid of the kitty hair....maybe you should buy a second hand vaccum...or maybe you can borrow one from you home or vts.
Andrea said…
Sometimes you are so girly! I will watch on freecycle for a vacuum for you. I got both Erin and Kaetlyn one from freecycle. And the you've never been to a ball... that's from Thumbalina, isn't it? Don't tell anyone but there was a stretch when that was Drew's favourite movie... I think I still have the dialogue memorized...
eryn. said…
hahaha... andrew DID love thumbalina.

i just read through everything to catch up on your life. haha. i have been absent from blog reading. bummer on whinnie going back to the body shop. and you NEED to own a vacuum. i don't know how you get by without one. i'm excited for you and your new laptop. we got a new computer too. its so awesome to have a new one that goes so fast and looks all cool and new.