aftermath

doug and delanie gave me their dresser. i think of it as 'delanie's dresser'. whenever i open what has become the sock drawer, i get a whiff of sweet curry. i love it. it's fitting since when i lived with d&d in japan i was at the hight of my curry phase. i used to stink the whole house up with my sweet curry omelets. i bought a huge can of sweet curry from the special gaijin grocery store down town nagoya. that smell was heaven to me but my pregnant sister katie hated it. it really bugged her when she was over and i made a curry omelet. sorry katie.

well i cried all day yesterday. everything made me cry. i think andrea was right--it was a doozy of a hormone ride. it's been a long long long time since i cried my eyes out for no reason. i forgot what it was like. ah womenhood, the joys and the sorrows. i remember when i was probably 11 or 12 and getting my first taste of the hormonal blues. i was doing the vacuuming and crying my eyes out. gramma was over and asked me what was wrong. i answered through tears that i didn't know. she took me home with her for a special time with just her and me. i'll always remember that kindness. i sure miss her. when she was exasperated with me she used to call me audrey. i've always wondered what me and auntie audrey have in common. maybe we're both good at exasperating others. :)

thanks guys, for giving me kind words yesterday. there's nothing like sisters and girl-friends when you are sad.

today i felt a little fragile but mostly better. being with the kids in primary helped. when i'm with kids i can't bring my baggage with me. there's no way not to smile around kids. today's primary was spent practicing for the primary presentation. of course it was crazy trying to organize the kids and get them to be quiet and stand and sit and walk when they're supposed to but i loved hearing their talks and their testimonies. it's going to be so good. primary presentation sundays are the best.

and i finally got a home teacher! it's brother roeder, our choir director, which is great because i already know him and like him.

i have to get ready for a cold winter in this place. ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-chilly! i'm wearing my christams fleece pj bottoms, a hoodie and a toque and i still have frozen toes, fingers and nose. i don't control the heat in the living room either, at least if i do, i can't find the controls. i may have to hibernate until the spring--ie. february.

bye!

Comments

LeashyLoo said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeashyLoo said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeashyLoo said…
I'm the first to comment on this post! I am glad that you are feeling better today. It's okay to have fragile times...goodness knows that I've had many since being here. Be good to yourself...be gentle with yourself. Primary Presentations are the best - I agree! I wish I was there to see it!
Beth-a-knee said…
Glad you're feeling better. You need a space heater! Maybe someone in the fam has an extra. If you don't control the heat you shouldn't have to pay for it, ya know?
I love primary presentations too. It's been a long time since I've gotten to see one though. I'm always either playing for it or chasing a chubby baby in the foyer.
Sarah-Lynn said…
yeah, get a glowing sun!! I loved ours. One cannot endure winter without heat! I love primary presentations too. You are so good with kids, they all love you.
amyleigh said…
you, me and Bethany have all just had crazy hormonal times. Must be the 2 full moons this month! :P I'm glad you're feeling better. And um...a curry omelet sounds yummy! I think I remember the beginning, or the tail end of your curry phase. I remember you making a banana curry pizza one girl's weekend.
Andrea said…
Glad you are feeling better, too. And I didn't mean menopause hormones for Laura, I was just comparing it to my most recent experience with hormones.