ehsplanAde

just home from a primary presidency meeting and my head's full of the primary presentation. it's crazy planning time because we're a new presidency with a presentation at the end of the month and the day before--halloween activity. at such times i relish being a supporter not a leader. support i can do.

so i don't know if i'm alone in this but often throughout my day, especially while i'm driving here and there, i'm composing in my head for this blog. then i get home, sit down in front of the computer and 'poof' it's all gone. vanished. empty head and hovering fingers. maybe it's true. maybe i am an old woman. :) when i tell fatima that we've reached middle age it doesn't phase her. she doesn't try to deny it. she doesn't wail about where time has gone. she doesn't proclaim her youth. she's all "that's ok." like middle age is a perfectly wonderful time of life to be in. hmph. newly weds.

speaking of fateeeeemaaaaah, we've been having free wednesday outtings. two weeks ago we went to a canucks game. it was my first nhl game and it was exciting. it was 80's night. i inadvertently wore a striped shirt of canuck colours. i'm awesome without knowing it. there was a band doing 80s cover songs after each period. we participated in the wave. we cheered for luongo. ok i have to admit that at first i thought everyone was booing luongo. "boooooo" every time luongo made a save. 'that's weird." i thought. ' what's luongo suddenly done to make even his own die hard fans to boo him during an exhibition game?' then it came to me--they were cheering a low 'luuuuuuu'. so naturally i did some luuuuuuuuus of my own to save face. plus it's pretty fun to cheer luuuuuuuuu. try it.

we lost.

during the game a girl a couple of rows down from us got chicken fingers and while fats and i were watching the game, our stomachs were watching the girl eat her chicken fingers. later we both inexplicably ordered chicken tenders at cactus club. i never order chicken tenders but they really hit the spot that night.

then this last wednesday my junior high bud and i ventured to north van to see a sneak preview at the essPLAHnahDAY theatres. finding the theatre was a bit of a gong show but to tell you the honest truth (honest is to truth like tuna is to fish) it was a weird theatre. we parked at the iga because we don't know north van and it's essssplahnaday area. then we circled the building five times before entering. once in things went smoothly. since the day before was my pop's 70th birthday, in a tribute to him and his 70 years of living, 36 of which were lived as MY pops, i got popcorn and peanut butter m&ms and dumped the m&ms into the popcorn and shook it up so i could have some surprises. fatima got the kiddie pack. she dumped her smarties in her popcorn. "copycatter" i accused.

when we got to the theatre doors there was security to check bags and wave a wand detector thing at us. we made ourselves look suspicious by stalling in front of them looking confused. they kept telling us we were in the right spot but we kept looking at the sign above the theatre which said the owl guardians... finally it was figured out and we passed security inspection no problemo.

the movie was that new one with katherine hiegl and josh duhamel, life as we know it. fats and i enjoyed it. the three rows in front of us enjoyed josh duhamel and giggled uproariously at anything he said, funny or not. i heard some girls talking about him in the bathroom. "...what if he walked right up to you and said "Julia, I want you!"...." ha. right. good luck julia.

i've been lucking out on these free wednesday outings because daman has school on wednesday nights. the question is what free thing will we do this coming wednesday?


Comments

amyleigh said…
middle age is where you find yourself!
(I just made that up)
Andrea said…
You are not middle aged yet! I am. You better not die at 72 because I will still be around and I don't want you to die before me. So there. You are NOT middle aged. You can be middle aged in 9 years.

And I totally do that with blogs
Andrea said…
oops, it cut off my comment. Anyways, as I was saying.... I do that, too. And then sometimes I feel like I have a backlog in my head of things I wanted to say. And sometimes in my head, it is really, really good and long and then when I go to write it, it is only like 3 lines....
Sarah-Lynn said…
Amen to what Andrea said about you being middle aged! You're not!

Your life is so fun. I want free Wednesday outings too!!!

I know what you mean too, about blogs. I often think "I should blog about that thought" but then I never remember.
LeashyLoo said…
Ha ha! I used to think that they were "boooing" luongo too until someone told me the difference! Glad you are having some good old Fateemmeeee time!
Lady of Light said…
Es-plah-na-day is a good day. Oprah says that 40 is the new 30 and so on and so forth. i know at 30 I felt better in every way than i did at 20. so I hope at 40 I'll be even better. Age is something you should embrace at all times of life, whether you are 20, 3o, 40 etc. Let life drive you, not your age. Vive la France!