big boing

ahh the burn. the burn that lets you know your muscles are waking up after little hibernating. what i'm saying is i hurt all over but it's not a bad hurt--it's a good hurt. you guys know what i'm saying.

last night after having a session with debbie s. and her plies, lunges (drat those lunges!) and squats i couldn't take my hair anymore. i couldn't take it one more second. the whole day i'd endured the severity of my hair do which was DUE to a bad hair day. i couldn't exist in the same body with that hair at that second so i shaved it all off.

no i didn't. are you kidding me? do you guys even know me? as if i could do that. instead i had a long shower and when i got out i had a couscous salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, chickpeas and feta. or maybe i ate then showered. the point is i ate and showered. then i hatched a plan. my plan was thus: pin my hair up. every single curl. and so i did. my whole head was pinned curls drying. then i unpacked some blue freezer bags while i watched stardust. i welcomed back many books, some old journals and much jewelry. even perfume!

when it was over i went to bed with my hair still pinned. i think the people upstairs left their tv on all night because when my alarm went off at 6 (and i didn't get up), i became aware of the noise and it was like i had been hearing it all night. at 7 i got up and took out the pins. that's when i saw what i had become. i'd become a 36 year old shirley temple. you would not believe how big and boingy the curls were and how short my hair looked. it's 8:30 pm right now, some 13 and half hours later and it still hasn't fully relaxed into it's more normal curl. i was kind of embarrassed to go to work like that but people there seemed to enjoy it.

it's new menu time at work. yesterday we finalized it and i'm excited about it. new menu time is always an exciting time. we're trying to find more work for our afternoons so we're making things that require afternoon work, like one of the entrees is individual pizzas and we are making our own crust. we're making our own tortillas for the chips and salsa (one of the sides) and meatballs. sweet and sour meatballs. this will require big meatball making parties.

another exciting thing at work is that we've been preparing for a clubhouse retreat. i wish this was a spa retreat, but it isn't. this is the whole clubhouse getting together somewhere other than the clubhouse and going over all the work we do and coming up with ideas to better our work day etc. i like this sort of thing. it had the possibility of becoming very beneficial. the coming together of people to have ideas. i like ideas.

vive la france!


Comments

katie said…
good job on debbie--i'm a little sore too.
how could you not be aware that if you pin curled your whole head you would look like shirley? that's how her mom did her hair--pin curls. that's why i don't do the pin curl thing--i get these ridiculous short fat boingy ringlets that don't blend in with my hair. did you take a picture? i want to see a picture.
Sarahstottle said…
Yes, I'm with Katie. How could you not know? You know that if you just do the top and let it dry all the way that the curls practically sit on top of your head! I still think you should try your whole head and only let it dry part way. I'm curious how that would turn out. I'm sore too. Not from Debbie but sore all the same.
I want to see your hair like that!! I wish I could do fun things to my hair like that.. I'm just clueless :S
Andrea said…
haha, it seems like us sisters are all on the same page because I had the exact same thought - how could you not know? And yes, a pic would be priceless. you must have taken one...
Laura said…
sorry i didn't take one. i thought of it--but didn't do it. i know i should have known but i was in denial.
amyleigh said…
I wouldn't have taken a picture either, I don't blame you. Hehe, that's funny though.

Lunges definitely deserve to be dratted. Mmmm the couscous salad sounds loverly
LeashyLoo said…
Awww...I want to see the shirley temple hair!