today i was bored. i didn't want to be on the computer. i wanted to do something. sink my teeth into some sort of project. i got my hymn book from the freezer (isn't that where you keep yours?) and sang a few hymns. my heart wasn't in it. i flipped through the pages looking for all my favourites. then i took a cold pancake, shut the cats out of my room and lay in bed eating it and looking at my photography magazine. i woke up a couple of hours later.

since then i've been watching mormon messages and crying. i watched this whole string of humanitarian ones. so inspiring. there are people out there doing great things for other people. i want to do something great too. that kind of work fills you up. you know you're making a difference. then i watched the one on thankfulness. they were interviewing people on the streets of new york and asking them what they were thankful for. people look so happy when they are saying what they are thankful for.

there is so much to be thankful for, really. it's everything. one of the great blessings in my life has been the people that have come into it. i know such good people. each one is a treasure. each one enriches my life in countless ways.

here's to my peeps!

Comments

Lady of Light said…
Here's to YOU, bud. Here's to you!
eryn. said…
you should be sewing on boring days!!!

and here's to you back!