thunderstorm! i love thunderstorms! i was sitting here at my computer tagging myself in pics karey put up of us on fb and i heard the first peals of thunder. as you know, thunderstorms are rare here. you gotta enjoy them when you get the chance. more booms and crashes rolled in and then it started to rain. oh the sweet smell of rain in the summer time. you know what i'm talking about. when it's been hot and you get that sweet pavement smell. i love that. so i'm sitting here with my window wide open beside me but the blinds down and suddenly a gust of wind comes and knocks my blinds right off! i sat there stunned with the blinds at my feet exposed to the outside world. i shouldn't have been surprised. the blinds only sit in their holder. i have to be very careful when opening or closing them. they're a joke. a farce even. so i had to close my window which i didn't wanna. pout pouty pout pout. but every other window is open so i can still smell the smell and walk the walk...

i am burnt out at work right now. every day is a blur of busy-ness. we are too understafffed in our unit. and we're so awesome no one realizes the wear and tear it is on us. ah well. things will get better soon. today the walk-in-cooler repair guy came five minutes before close just like he did the day before. i dislike it very much when repair men lecture you. please don't lecture me about our walk-in-cooler, repair man. i want to go home.

izzy is sitting statuesqe beside me on the computer desk. she is receiving pets and carresses hesitantly but not disagreeably. the lady can be wooed at times.

thunderstorm is over.

Comments

Lady of Light said…
well you would love the maritime thunderstorms. they are scary. A sensation for the senses!
I loved it too!! The smell...oh, the smell is my favorite part too!!
Karey said…
we have had enough storms this summer to last me a life time.

I do love the smell of pavement when it rains.
eryn. said…
i LOVE that summer rain smell. its so... fresh.