oh ya...

i am very full and have that teeth coated in butter feeling that you get after eating popcorn. attractive no? attractiveness is my speciality. everyone has a gift. i'm going to give my mouth a gift and brush my teeth...ahhhh, i threw in a bonus gift of a floss session too. there is no end of attractive details i can share with you. but i perceive that your cup runneth or'.

i woke up to the sound of heavy rain. for the first time since i moved here i shut the kitchen window. the window sill was already wet and the seeds sitting there in the package may start sprouting. i had to edge past this spot at the corner of the house where water was pour down like from a bucket and bouncing off the ground, creating a flood. rain. i remember you.

my hair remembers too. it started out normal, cute even. as the day went on it expanded bit by bit until now it sits, a huge formless cloud of frizz a meter out on either side of my face.

so today i was in the thrift store. sometimes i find the thrift store so tedious. i'll tell you what i like to do in there--i like to organize. i don't relish going through boxes of yucky things mixed with 'treasures'. i don't like putting things on our crowded shelves. today there were only a few books to put into alphabetical order and my pants project is finished. but the back room was full to overflowing with junk.

the thrift store shift is a lonely shift. i get lonely. and lately kaz and i have each been doing two full days a week at the thrift store rather than our usual one a week. this is because there is only kaz and i to share this job right now. all this is going to change. big changes are coming in a week and a half and the big changes involve my unit passing the thrift store on to another unit. i'll miss it a little but the tiny feeling of missing it will be completely flooded by the thankfulness of being rid of it. amen and amen.

after the thrift store was closed i opened the package of twizzlers that someone left in the snack bar, got a hand full or two and went around wordlessly handing them to people. not a single person refused a twizzler silently given. i've handed out a lot of food in my day and this is the first time i've experienced the universal acceptance of twizzlers. everyone gave this surprised pleased almost little kid like expression while taking it from my outstretched hand. we're all just kids inside.

today was our co-worker shan's birthday dinner. shan has moved on to a full-time job in another unit but we still had a birthday together with him. we ate at cactus club. i got the cajun cheddar sandwich. kaz got ravioli and was very disappointed with the fill-up factor. how can you fill up on four raviolis? why do you get only 3 or 4 raviolis in restuarants? i dont' get it. it's not like you get 3 fettuccine noodles, you get a bowl full. lisa got her usual fare--chicken strips and caesar salad. shan got edemame beans and chicken wings. i had a hot chocolate because my feet were soaked and the bottoms of my jeans were wet. i sucked it and my lemon water within second of receiving them. i drank 3 tall glasses of water. it's my thing.

so glad you all know what everyone ate.

so i was too full for a dessert of my own. but dessert on birthday dinners is tradition. so kaz and i shared. we got the peanut butter bar. the amount was just right.

after dinner i baby sat evan, carmen and isabel while esther got her hair cut in time for ev's return home. i was late because of a car accident on the highway and esther left so fast i didn't even know she was gone. the kids excitedly told me that we were watching shrek and eating popcorn.

so first we couldn't find shrek and every movie i picked up looking for it evan said "let's watch THAT one!". in the end evan found it. then i couldn't get sound. carmen kept impatiently hitting my hands away "let ME do it" she'd say impatiently. eventually we gave up and moved the couch in front of the computer and watched it that way. we all cuddled up under the purple blanket and that's how esther found us when she got home. we'd completely forgot about the popcorn so she and evan made us some and we munched on it while watching the movie. the popcorn is what put me over the edge, full wise. ugh. isabel kept feeding me kernals. then opening her mouth, so i started popping pieces into her mouth that she was giving me and if i had two in my hand she'd help me stuff them in her mouth. she was hilarious.

after the movie i swung some hyper kids around and threw some up in the air until i had no more strength except for isabel who kept coming back for more and then i ran off to feed my starving fatsos, who's meows called to me through the door as i unlocked it.

that's been my day.

ps the spider was gone in the morning. i read that it eats it's web in the morning along with anything it's caught in it.

Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
Its been raining here too. I like hearing what people ate. Let's face it, we're foodies.

Oh no, you looked up info on the spider? That's a dangerous line to cross!
Sarah-Lynn said…
Yes, that's what I was thinking too. (about the spider) Bravery is what you have. I know that's a weird sentence, but who cares?

I used to brush the twins' hair out for fun and then measure with a ruler how far I got it to stick out from their heads. Sometimes I almost got a whole ruler's worth.