ugh ralphaifsikadiooaiiaouhwe

i'm a dummy. why oh why oh why am i such a dummy????

i stayed up until 3 in the morning and there's no way i could make myself sleep past 8:46. and who suffers from my imbecil-ality? none but me. well who knows. i might cause others to suffer as well. there's always that to look forward to.

last night i finished a book called pigs in heaven. it's a lot to do with the cherokee nation and it was interesting. after that i finally watched sherlock holmes. it was good. after that i stayed up until 3 like a dummy.

in sharing time last sunday i was telling the story of jesus raising jarius's daughter from the dead and i was at the part when jesus tells the mourners that the maid is only sleeping and they scorn him. so naturally i explained "they laughed at him and thought he was a dummy". a little innocent face asks "what's a dummy?" and there i was caught teaching the younger generation derogative words. whose a dummy? i'm a dummy, kid.

Comments

Mom E said…
I can't pronounce your heading. I thought you were gonna talk about why you were up till 3...I know why, but you're other readers might not know why.
Beth-a-knee said…
yes staying up 'till three sucks. I don't think I could do that now even if I wanted to.
Andrea said…
Barbara Kingsolver is my all time favourite author! Pigs in Heaven is one of the first ones I read. Bean Trees and Animal Dreams are also very good.
Sarahstottle said…
ha ha, that's hilarious about the kid in primary, I mean, not that you stayed up til three. Haven't done that in a loooong time and I don't miss it.
Lady of Light said…
Staying up till 3? Well that's no biggie in your world, Laura. I enjoyed the dummy story. How would have Albert Ingalls dealt with that situation? That's what I ponder. Maybe I'll stay up til 3 tonight. this is what happens when you are planning a wedding. You don't sleep. Just saying.