neglect. it's the name of the game. i've been neglecting this blog. there's been so much to say and i just haven't said it. oh WELL. one can only shame one's self and then move on with one's life. that's what i aim to do.

yesterday i had a suddenly free day. it was sudden because it was supposed to be my best budda's stagette, day 2, but buddinarella was sick, sick, sick so we called a halt to festivities. all week leading up to these afore mentioned festivities my non-working time (and some working time, if truth be told upon the roof tops) was split fully between stagette preparations and slim 'n 6's express week of monk like lifestyle. no need to understand this. suffice it to say my concentration and time was go-go-go all on stagette, eating, stagette, exercising, stagette, sleeping. then suddenly all that stagette urgency was turned off and lo, a free weekend. whenever i have a free weekend i envision all that i can do in it and usually get next to none of them done. yesterday was like that.

friday night i finally watched the soloist. i've been wanting to watch it forever and i finally did. it was good. i think it really touched on the complexities of having a relationship with someone who has a mental illness like schizophrenia. this man had such great talents and i've always been in awe of the talents that our sis, martha and the muffins has. sometimes life is never what you expect. you know?

i woke up at 8 the next morning and fed the fat furries. i lingered over 12 oz of water in my green cup, aka the only cup, ie my cup and then did my 20 minutes of cardio with debbie. it was my 6th day of ramp it up! and i was beginning to tire of her little comments like "are you warm yet? giggle giggle ". i think back bitter comments to her because, hello, i'm warm within seconds of starting. that being said, i do like it when she said things like "don't be discouraged if you don't get it right away, it will come." and "every day you do this you will get stronger." i like those ones. say those all you want debbie. i'm looking forward to having incredible results like tracey and phenomenal results like jeff? greg? whatever his name is.

anways yesterday morning i was feeling really weak and didn't do that hot on the cardio 20 minutes, but i kept doing and did the best i could. after that i drove to work and picked up my breakfast food that i had left there, and had my egg white omelette and strawberries in milk.

i've been reading the time traveller's wife. it's good, but there's some vulgarity that i don't like--wish wasn't there. edith asked me if i would go with her to her wedding dress fitting, and i agreed before she told me that she might have to cry if the alterations were too expensive. "if you're going to cry and make a scene, let me know and i'll go wait in the car." i said. she assured me that she wouldn't make a scene, so we left. i was really minimalistic in my preparations. a sloppy pony tail, light mascara and that's it.

so the alteration appointment was at a lady's house on renfrew near 1st. when we got there she was still with another bride so we waited in the living room. we were talking and just then the bride walked down the hall. i only saw a glimpse of her. edith said "was that nikki?!" " i don't know, was it?" i ask. edith calls out "nikki? nikki comeau??" sure enough it was her in her beautiful wedding dress. so that was neat. she stayed for a while, while edith was getting pinned and yadda yadda and we talked a bit and james was off gettng slurpees and isn't it a small world? yes it is.

before going into the seamstess' house we sat in the car by some beautiful peonies. i ate a chunk of steak from a baggie in my purse and downed a half cup of skim (powdered) milk from my thermos. on the way home it was time for lunch. we decided to go out to eat. earls. i had a delicious salad. not everything in it was exactly kosher for my six day express, but it had grilled chicken and arugula. but it also had beets and pears and goat cheese! the goat cheese was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

back home we watched some three's company. i fell asleep and when i woke up it was 5ish. i decided that since the next day was my free food day, but fast sunday, that my free day would start that evening. and i took myself to the movies for my treat. i had pizza pizza and frozen yogurt and watched robin hood. it was good. when i got out the sun was setting.

when i got out of the car i realized how quiet and still the evening was. it was a big contrast from my car with it's blaring music. instead of going in, i walked across the street, down the path to the park and sat under an oak tree (now named my oak tree), leaning against it and everything was so quiet and fresh and lovely. i started my fast there. it was a nice peaceful moment. i don't give myself enough of those.

today was my first day conducting in primary. it went alright. i'm trying hard to learn all the kids and teacher's names. speaking of which, i have baptisim to go to! jimmy is getting baptized!

Comments

katie said…
Laura, I know how hard the week has been and you should be proud of yourself for sticking with it.
Sarah-Lynn said…
ha ha, I laughed about your Debbie comments because I totally agree. What's with all the mild downing? Are we supposed to drink a lot of milk??? Did I miss something?
eryn. said…
yay laura!!! i still haven't gone to the gym... but i have a gym date on wednesday with my friend mikha. i'm excited.
Karey said…
Crazy that it was Nikki. what a small world.
amyleigh said…
I agree with Katie that you should be super proud. The best thing is the longer you do it, the easier it will get!!
Andrea said…
Jimmy? There are still kids named Jimmy? And I know what you mean about the stillness. I had a very still weekend on parts of it - Dean was gone to Banf, Rhi was at a sleep over and so was Drew. It was just so still. I just enjoyed the stillness. Slowly doing things peacefully. It was just what I needed.
Claudine said…
Wow! You ARE busy! I'm proud of you though for your stick-to-it-ness!! You'll get the results you want because it's YOU!!!

Miss you though!