evan sings 'only love'. i like it. i like him.

there is considerable excitement in our shabby unchic home when the black cat visits our window. our window is right over our patio. it's the window archie sits at to stare at the birds and the goings on of the world outside our shabunchic abode. so one time the black cat was outside sitting on the ledge when izzy was sitting there. the black cat hissed at her a couple of times and she looked at it curiously and tried to sniff it through the glass. then last night i saw archie pawing something through the window and i looked and saw the cute long-haired grey and white kitty sitting under the rhododendron and commented on it, completely missing the black cat sitting right on the window ledge because it was dark and well the cat is black. as soon as edith pointed it out to me i saw it's spooky shape. the black cat is not chubby but it's tall--big boned you could say. archie was ready to rumble with it and it just sat there. we tried to egg it on by opening the window a bit and edith thought some meowing would do the trick but eventually it left. i can't say why we so enjoy the visits of the black cat or why it sends a current of excitement through the shab-unchic; i can only say that it happens.

i have a new way of cracking my knuckles and i must say that i spend an increased time cracking. it fascinates me the many ways one can crack a knuckle. miracle of the human body and all that. :)

funny that people, (read me), feel the need to temper the texts with sideways happy faces these days. before email and especially before instant messaging people did not do a lot of side ways smiley faces to temper their writings. people just wrote.

i haven't put away my clothes for a long time. i wash my clothes and i leave my clothes in a pile and then i wear them and then i wash them and put them back in a pile and the cycle continues. i really need to just put them away. it's not even hard.

today i went to metrotown at metropolis to pick up a birthdy present for my co-worker. i was reluctant to go all the way out there and i found myself uncomfortable and out of place in the store (forever 21). and there were only two girls in front of me in line up and it was taking a lot of time for them to be done. and then i had to wait for the manager to come. and i felt like i was dead inside from waiting. but then the curvy boy asked me some friendly questions and i didn't feel dead inside anymore. funny how little it takes to reach out and be a less unfriendly deadening world. not that me and curvy boy are best friends now. just that he bridged the gap of isolation that everyone these days lives in with some friendly little questions.

after leaving the store i was leaving the mall and realized i forgot to get a card. i don't get cards with presents, usually, but at work it's what we do. so i stayed in chapters finding the perfect card which didn't exist, but i got one anyways and then just as i was out the door i saw the photography section and some chairs and i thought "why don't i treat myself and sit and look at some books for a while?" and i did.

(i have one finger that's particularly cracky and it's my first go-to finger for cracking. it rarely disappoints!)

another random bit of exciting news: i got new underwear and it's faaaaaaaaaaantastic! new underwear is totally the best.

our choir sang on sunday and evelyn took my worries to heart and brought in some ringer sopranos and so i didn't have to worry at all about letting the whole church of jesus christ of latter-day saints down with my limited singing abilities. i am loving my sunbeams and they are getting to know me and trust me. i love sitting in singing time with one on my knee and one leaning against me. i love the way little children need to feel you near them. i love little children. they're so pure. i love the way their eyes light up. i could do better at managing them in class, but no one's perfect man.

i have confirmed tickets to the temple youth celebration and i can't wait to go! there are so many exciting things happening this year, it's hard for me to keep track of it. let's list them. what an awesome idea!

1. eryn's engagement party. a.) i get to do an engagement photo shoot of eryn and tyler! it's going to be sooo fun and creative and i can't wait!
b.) i get to visit with andrea and bethany and mom and dad and go to general conference and have a fun 4 day weekend away from home!

2. temple open house. a.) i'm doing food on one of the days! i'm an actual volunteer!
b.) karey and vicki are coming to visit and go to the open house!
c.) lisa is going to come with me to the open house!
d.) i get to see inside and be a part of the excitement and joy of having our own temple!

3. utah road trip with sarah and adriel. a-z) mountains of fun and adventure and family visiting

4. temple dedication and youth celebration!

5. spa stagette for my best bridal bud

6. trip to california with my other bestie, karey van wiener!

7. nikki's celebration of nuptuals!

8. a shower for my bestest bud

9. a wedding for my bestest buddina--in which i will be wearing a sari and being all bollywood meets mollywood

10. edith's bridal bbq in kelowna!

and this is only until september. and this is not an all inclusive list. it's a wonder my head does not pop right off.

Comments

Sarah-Lynn said…
Ummmm did I miss something? Edith is going to be a bride?

Bollywood meets Mollywood, I can`t wait to see what that looks like!

I wish I could go to forever 21 with you! I forgot about that store until recently and I miss it, and I want to go to it when I can actually buy something for myself.
Karen Smith said…
So does this Utah trip have a visit to one Smith household in the mix?
Karey said…
i love new underwear too!
Funny, i just wrote about my primary class in my blog :)
I'm happy that 2 of your list of funness include me. i can't wait for Cali.
Laura said…
karen yes! sarah was supposed to talk to you about it. it was her JOB. :) we're sharing ourselves between you and john and slavica.
eryn. said…
i am SO excited about this weekend. its going to be a rockin good time! haha. and i am totally envious of your ongoing list of super fun things.