just a quick note before i go to bed. it's been too long. i have to write something. anything.

i've been spending all my spare time on the olympics. that sounds like i work for the olympics. or that the olympics is my grand creation. but no. i just love them with my whole heart and soul. and having them here in vancouver is a quadruple effect of the olympic high.

today i got to go to an olympic hockey game between switzerland and norway. it was awesome. waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than i thought it would be. i thought i wouldn't care because neither of the teams were canada and i thought the game would be a dud because canada beat norway soundly and had some troubles with the swiss. but it was no dud. we decided to cheer for norway because they were the underdogs and who doesn't love an underdog? i'm a sucker for them. also it seemed wrong to cheer for the swiss after the last game with canada. also norway is scandinavian and i have a soft spot for all scans. so anways norway fought hard. and most of the time it was a tie game--really even, and it went to overtime. that's when the swiss got the final winning goal.

everyone was so into it! the crowd was crazy and i love a crazy crowd. like when, besides a sporting event is it ok to show up naked on your top half, painted red like a jersey with names and numbers on your skin, a wig and pink sun glasses? or to shave your chest hair, all except the olympic rings? (that was my favourite. gross but audaciously nutso)

we had great seats. we cheered our heads off. everyone was so happy.

friday night i met up with fatima and her posse and we walked the streets downtown. talk about crazy. talk about olympic high. my favourite thing was that there were soooo many people out and that everyone was in such good spirits. just randomly walking i could hear people gushing about vancouver, or singing anthems or cheering.

i took a few shots maybe i'll post them later when i get the chance.

i need to sleep. that's one thing i haven't gotten enough of and tomorrow's another early early morn. love you all.

Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
wow it sounds so amazing, I wish I could be there! I love the Olympics too, this is the one time I regret not having cable.
Laura said…
ya during the summer olympics i got cable just for the month so i could watch and it was free because of a promotion!
LeashyLoo said…
I also wish that I could be there! I talked to my sister the other day and she said that the city is so pumped with olympic fever! It must be so much fun!
Claudine said…
I gotta admit it's an amazing feeling! I LOVE the Olympic high...except when I'm at work and EVERYONE wants to use the washroom. Thats' annoying. It's so awesome to hear our national anthem everywhere! What an amazing thing to be a part of!
amyleigh said…
I'm so jealous that you got to go to a game! wouldn't it have been cool to be at the swiss/canada one? I was watching glimpses of that one while I was at work...it was so intense! I have mixed feelings about the olympics, but I LOVE cheering for canada, and I love watching the athletes.
LeashyLoo said…
By the way, I keep trying to comment on your photo blog but it won't let me for some reason...can you tell me what the trick or treat is?
Karey said…
I'm too jealous to leave a real comment :)
Sherri said…
hey.. like your comments on the hockey game. Do you happen to have any photos of the crazy guy with the olympic rings shaved into his chest hair. That guy is my husband and I'm trying to track down some photos of him at the hockey game!