i watch the biggest loser. it makes me cry every week. there's so much emotion! there's this mother daughter team--the green team. they are so tough. they don't show what they are feeling, especially the daughter and there was a lot of work to break down her walls this week. she almost quit, but she didn't. there was one point when the mom was running on the treadmill and it was obviously so hard for her but she refused to quit. she was putting in the supreme effort. made me cry.

this morning i woke up at 8:10. since i threw away my clock radio, i've been using my cell phone and it doesn't have snooze. i just turn it off and hold it like it will wake me up in another nine minutes but it doesn't. and there was no edith to hear in the kitchen. in the end it was archie who woke me up.

today i ate more than two doughnuts! why??? i don't even relish the doughnut! the least i could do is indulge in things i actually love when i indulge.

we have a new part time staff at work and it's a great relief. his name is sean and he seems to be fitting in very well. i was showing him how to do the money and while i was doing that i was also doing the morning meeting on the computer so our chairs were pretty close. kaz commented that we looked like brother and sister sitting there. sean quietly said, in the midst of counting coins, "are you just saying that because we're white?".

speaking of kaz, last week una was telling us about this great deal to fly and stay in honolulu and i was all "i want to go to honolulu!" and kaz was all "laura, you are not honolulu. you are penticton." !!!! what?! not that there's anything wrong with penticton, but a) i have not spent a lot of time there and b) i don't want to be limited to penticton! so on further pressing kaz said he could not see me in a resort. i only camp--inland. well he really regretted making this statement because i would not stop bugging him about it all day. and i plan on bringing it up often.

i can't wait until i have photoshop again.

Comments

Andrea said…
Anyways, he got it wrong... you are so VERNON!
Sarahstottle said…
ha ha, Penticton!? Bug him about it lots!!
amyleigh said…
hear you with the doughnuts. The other day someone brought timbits in to work and I had like 6 of them, and afterwards I was like WHY did I do that? I don't even remotely like timbits, and I didn't enjoy it. WHY?! A waste of calories.

hehe, that's funny about penticton. You should prove him wrong and go to, like, Chile. I'll go with you!
Claudine said…
You know what would prove him supremely wrong? Booking a flight to Honalulu. Yeah!

And I can't agree on the donut thing. I love me some donuts..and I don't know why...I just do. I love their fatty content!