short

this is going to be short. oh sure, you say. i don't believe you, you say. you're a long winded blogger, you say. stuff it in your shorts, i say.

wheedly, needly, high pitched voice: i just wanted to say that i've had a really great weekend....

well i did! friday i spent 7 HOURS doing a photo shoot of evboo all around town, and by all around i mean industrial area and ubc. we had a good time and in the middle of that we stopped for good eats at all india sweets. we shared a butter chicken and a prawn korma, not to mention 4 naan. yummers in the tummers. while we ate we congratulated each other on our proper indian style of eating. "who taught you?" he asked. "it's refreshing to eat indian food with you." he said. "here's to us.", i said and we clinked our tap waters. i'm really looking forward to spending time on these pictures. there's a lot of fun ones. there's approximately 548. evan changed clothes in the truck. we interrupted a homeless people crime ring under the bridge. i got verrrry dirty from rolling around on all sorts of ground surfaces. they were filming a tv show at ubc when we were there. WE WERE IN IT. WE'RE THE STARS. i liked being on campus. it brought back a lot of memories. i love that campus too. love it.

saturday i spent all day at playland with my friend theresa from work. "i'd like to spend all day with you." , said theresa. "i cleared my schedule for you." said theresa. she came over at ten and chit chatted with tight lipped edith while i blow dried my hair. then i used my two for one coupon at mcdonald's for mcgriddles. we split a hashbrown and theresa got an orange juice. just by pure luck we found free parking, walked down to the gate and started our day full of fun. i was disappointed in my hand stamp as i often am. it's the partial transfer that bugs me. i want a full stamp, darn it!

first thing we did was the swings. is it just me or did those seats shrink. no, it's just that my flat bum has spread out over the years. i barely made it into that seat, man. now i have bar indentations in my hips. well i'm not going to tell you every ride we went on because we went on every ride more than once, except the wooden coaster, for me. the only thing that would induce me to go on that coaster is to save someone's life. like we're holding _______ (add your name) hostage and we won't let set her/him free unless you ride the roller coaster! fine! then i'll do it. i was trying to tell evan about the absolute terror i felt on that ride when i was 11. only katie has an inkling of it because she was there. anywho we had sooo much fun! we laughed and had hilarity. i went into histerics on one of the rides--couldn't breathe i was laughing so hard, and had tears streaming down my face. it was that loud music one that goes around and around and above the music i could hear my high pitched histerics laugh. you had to be there but i'll just say that much of our hilarity on rides had to do with the forces of gravity and fighting it but losing and helplessly being thrown onto the other person and all you can do is laugh your head off. it happened to us a lot, more than you think and yet other people seemed totally uneffected. it was strange. we also had a lot of good deep talks, ate cotton candy (strangely theresa never realized that cotton candy dissolves in your mouth. i shed some light on that for her), we got a helluvater cup but then threw it away without refilling because it rolled all over the ground on the corkscrew. i got a blu raspberry snow cone and we ate at triple ohs. we got filmed doing the band-aid jingle and we might win 8000 dollars! we'll be posted on the world wide web soon too. herbie helped us. we liked herbie. he really knew how to butter us up. i had to wear a silver cowboy hat, and big oversized star sun glasses and theresa had to wear a pink feather boa and a different hat. we had to wear band-aids too. when theresa says herbie it sounds like herpie. we were at playland for basically 8 hours and just had a carefree fun, i'm-a-kid-again type day. i had such a good day that i can't even express it. we met these chubby pre-teen boys and went on the log ride with them. they were hilarious, just their expressions and stuff. i made videos while waiting for t to be done with the roller coaster. pretty compelling stuff, i must say. at one point when boarding the helluvator and getting locked in, it was another case of barely fitting in the seat and the guy who was operating it, said "i'm going to have to push this down--tell me if i'm hurting you." "oh, it's ok." i said glibly, "just ram it down." haha ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. well i can't share it all, it's just impossible. just know i had a good time. it was a perfect day. it started to rain just before we left. i drove theresa home when we realized that we forgot brad's (her husband) mini donuts, i was shown many of their home movies and we chatted until it was after 9 and i had to go home.

today i talked to heather for only half an hour but it was so good to hear her voice. then i went to d&d's for douglas' birthday cake, not to mention a delicious dinner of roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli and carrots and salad. cake was chocolate wacky cake with cream cheese icing. we had usual family chats and arguments. i wasn't involved in the arguments as they centred around technology and the hockey draft. BOring. caleb played us this awesome song that he wrote himself. mary and maria put on this show of them dancing and singing this song that mary made up on the spot about never being alone. :) i got MORE make-up from del. and speaking make-up madelaine was wearing some.

well since this is a short post, i won't write more. short right?

Comments

Sarahstottle said…
well it wasn't exactly brief, but I'll take it. I'm glad you had so much fun with one day a year Theresa. Sometimes I day dream about what it would be like if you spent 7 hours on a photo shoot with me, and then I push it out of my head because I know it will never happen :( It's just not meant to be for me. It's not in my stars.
Woah, Madelaine is wearing make up??
Laura said…
puhlease. why couldn't we do 7 hours? why couldn't we do 12?? because we could. no reason why we can't.
LeashyLoo said…
I didn't think that you even liked rides! How come you never went to playland with me?
Laura said…
i never knew you wanted to go!
Mom E said…
Tight lipped!! What? I am anything but tight lipped! I'll have you know, I was doing intensive reading of my Gap brochure making life changing decisions of where to travel next, I'll have you know.
Laura said…
yes i know, ms. tight lips.
Beth-a-knee said…
gee laura that sounds so fun! you didn't get the chocolate fudge sundae though? have you forgotton the playland 'fubs so soon?
i' glad you had such a fun weekend, lucky l'bee
Laura said…
course i haven't forgotten! i would have gotten that but it's only there during the pne.
amyleigh said…
that sounds like so much fun. I want to do a pne/playland run this year so bad!
Andrea said…
What a satisfying post - that does sound like a pretty perfect day at Playland. And I hear ya on the roller coaster, sister! I've never been on one and I plan on keeping it that way. I don't even think I could do it if they were keeping someone I loved hostage... But then, most rides scare me too much for me to go on. I'm just a ferris wheel kind a gal.
Laura said…
that's funny because some people are terrified of the ferris wheel.
mudsy said…
Fantastic Photos!!!! Evan's Mom likes 21---smiling over the link fence. #23 with knees up reminds me of Grandpa the Hobo on top, I love the yellow sign ones---Ev did out-do himself, also like the shadow figures in the drainpipe---My favs are the ones with Kitty---they really complement each other---but Kitty upstages him---she looks magnificent. Makes me very sad because Kitty has disappeared.----love 36 & 37 of Beth and Owen, love the colour of my hair in 64 and 65---what a great hairdresser I must have---The blazing one of Evan is spectacular---also the black and white of you and Ev is striking ---if only you could get rid of the shadow on Ev's chin. Thanks for documenting the family. You must come to Campbell Regional Park on 16th---beautiful wide trails with trees arching over, Photographer's paradise---full of gaily singing birds---120 species---we have seen some interesting ones. Dad and I love going there.