can't say that no more

the other day i was on the computer waiting for pictures to upload and i was so tempted to read or play mahjong or something that i typed this instead:
Once upon a time there was a little blade of grass and someone stepped on it and crushed it and then there was no more grass because that was the last piece of grass in the whole of earth’s surface.


luckily i didn't have to continue.

today i waged a war against mouse poo. we have all our food away in bins. we put everything away all the time. but we have the black rice everywhere every new day. it's begun to get worse and it's begun to really gross me out. so i waged a war of eradication, but the whole time i was just getting mad because i knew that tomorrow morning there will be more there. i could get along with mice better if they would just not poo everywhere.

i was tired by the end of the work day. i was going all day long. nary a rest. i left five minutes early to pick up tajana's birthday present from all of us in the unit, at the mall. then i just picked up a few necessities like, paper towel, floor cleaner, chocolate mini eggs and bean and cheese burritos (i was embarrassed to be standing in front of the ready foods section), at save-on. it was my second time there today and don't forget about the big shop i did at superstore. you get the gist.

anyways, i was happily on my way home when i got in a car accident. it's ok, i'm ok. i hit a mercedes that was pulling into my lane from a strip mall. i did slam on my brakes and would have made it, i think, if not for the rain and my tires skidding. then all shaken up, i did what i do when i am all shaken up. i locked my keys in the car with my purse, my phone, all my info...

"you're not having a good day", said the icbc lady when i told her about that. mercedes lady said to me "you know it's your fault." ?? "no, i don't know that." i told her. then she tried to argue with me about it. save it for icbc, is what i basically told her. she was often on her phone to her 'agent' as we waited for rusty's towing to come and jimmy my door. at one point she handed me her cell. her agent wanted to talk to me. at another point she told her agent "she's very young." first of all, i was right beside her! and she was talking about me like i was a kid. second of all, although it can be flattering to be mistaken as a kid, it is not flattering to be condescended to, or inuendoed about. "i'm 35! " i said with a semi-glare. she gave me a look, like 'woops'. anyways when the tow truck guy finally came, i couldn't pay him because this is not the states and tow truck drivers don't take cheques. i called lisa who offered to come right over with fifty buckeroos. i gave mercedes my info and flashed her my insurance papers--it was the agent who wanted that-- and then i stood in the rain looking for lisa. that's when randy happened to drive by and see me. he offered me some sushi and he payed the tow truck driver. i thought the tow truck driver was annoyed with me because of the wait, but when i appologized to him i found him very sympathetic. "you have enough to deal with." he said. soon after that lisa showed up and soon after that we all went home.

Comments

Sarahstottle said…
Ah! What an annoying lady! And she was trying to say it was all your fault??! Because, from the way you described it, it sounded like she cut in front of you, which would make it her fault. How's Whinnie?
Laura said…
it was her fault. she said she thought i was going to turn into the strip mall. whinnie has a big caved in dent.
Andrea said…
That's horrible! And what a horrible mercedes lady! Your fault indeed! Tell her to go back and read the learner's manual!
Karey said…
i like how you told her ow old you were. good for you! I'm glad you're ok.