great green gobs of grimy greasy gopher guts...

some creepo of a spider bit me twice and bit me big on the top of my right foot. can you believe it? what a jerk. i hope he had his chomp and then i rolled over on him and killed him. that's what i hope. i hope he bit me, crawled out the window and a crow swooped down and ate his abdomen. of course it would have had to be one of those crows that flies around at night and so it would have obviously had rabies.

this morning at five fifteen when i was groggily dressing in the dark and putting on my socks, i had no idea. it wasn't until i had fed the cats and was putting on my shoes, i believe, that i felt an itchy prickly feeling on the top of my foot. and it wasn't until a few minutes ago when i took off my sock that i saw the two huge welts side by side. i mean if my life isn't hard enough that a spider needs to come along and BITE me TWICE. grrr.

well i'm getting up that early because i'm going to boot camp. boot camp, i know! i never thought i would be doing boot camp but here i am, a survivor of two days of boot camp. ironically it's called survivor boot camp. i don't think they should have given it such an ironic name. it's not nice to make fun of out of shape people. er...person. everyone else i see there seems to be in great shape. our yoga instructor invited us to do boot camp for two weeks for 100 dollars and lisa and i decided to just do it. so we go to the park in the dark at six in the morning and allow this woman to torture us. today was abs day and i nearly died. and it wasn't just the abs part. it was the stairs and the running and the jumping jacks and the burpees (ack! dreaded word) and the cross over stairs and the bleachers and the side running and on top of all that, was the abs torture. oh. my. gosh. but lisa and i both agree that it's a good thing and that neither of us would push ourselves so hard on our own. i used to think i had high expectations of myself, but now i see that they were quite low. :)

actually i am a bit sore especially my my abs and my legs and my ribs and arms... but besides that i feel quite good and have lots of energy during the day. it's just the right after boot camp where i drive to the gym to shower that i feel like a wilted flower that must do everything in slow motion.

it's 8 and i am in need of my bed. this is the way things are now.

Comments