some deets about my day:

my ride to work was beautiful. the sun was still low on the horizon and the full moon was still hanging in the pale blue sky. there was low fog glowing golden from the sun, laying low in the long grasses by the river.

today at work we made chef salad as our special. this guy named peter came in. at first i didn't remember him fully, until he started complaining about a head ache. then it all came back to me, how the last time he was there helping us, he kept groaning and grabbing his chest and arm and i was worried he was having a heart attack or something, but he wouldn't stop frying or chopping. he wouldn't sit down. he just kept going while grabbing his arm and groaning. then he went and threw up and came back! finally with the help of our cantonese/mandarin speaking staff we got him to sit down. luckily today it was just a head ache.

every tuesday we have what we call a 'house meeting'. everyone in the clubhouse comes and the different units give their announcements and stuff. i always have to give ours. just before i was leaned back in my chair with my feet up on the chair in front of me, being the obnoxious loud mouth i tend to be at this meeting. i was leaning back on my hands and when i went to get up my nail on my middle finger caught on the zipper of my back pocket and flipped all the way back causing a lot of pain and bleeding. but i gave my announcement which is the same every week: free pancake breakfast on wednesday morning. i had to dance around because my finger hurt so much and i talked in a squeaky my-finger-hurts-so-much-i-barely-have-a-voice voice. no one quite knew why i was doing it. i am so clumsy lately.

i rode my bike home and then went with elicia to her appointment with a wedding photographer. she lives/works in this scungy but cool artsy part of down town. she was soft spoken and calm which is good for elicia and she turned out to be from taber of all places! on the way back we stopped at hawker's an indonesian place. i got some coconut curry noodles which were pretty good.

man am i bushed.

Comments