today's things of note:

1. carrot up my nose--ya that's right. carrot in my nasal cavaties. i was munching on a nice healthy carrot snack at work. then it happened--i sneezed mid carrot chowdown. ever since something's been not quite right. i had the queer feeling of a foreign object in my nasal cavities. every time this happens (not specifically carrots via sneezing but other items via other ways, and there are other ways) i invariably think of fancy pantsy nancy who had an piece of onion fly out of her nose at dinner on a date with mike. it landed by her fork. she tried to cover it non-chalantly with a napkin. mike was all "no, i saw that. that came out of your nose." naturally this led to marriage.

2. sweetpatatah chips--i made some! they were so yummy too. i got the idea from cory at work who bragged about his wife making chips. so i sliced my sweetpatatah thin made some chips! i put some kosher salt on them and elicia suggested some of her fajita seasoning and they made a mighty fine chip if truth be told.

well that's it. that's all i have and they both have to do with orange food. gee, i really thought i had more. oh well.

oh wait! there IS one more...

3. soup shower--i had a soup shower today. tuesdays are frozen soup days for us. we freeze the left over soups and then on days when we need one, we thaw it out, heat it up and serve it for the soup of the day. well today we had red pepper, corn and potato soup mostly thawed. i was dumping it from the bucket into a pot to heat up. now keep in mind that usually i'm very careful dumping the soup from the bucket because there's usually a frozen lump in the middle that tends to cause splashage. well for some foolhardy reason, today i decided not to use my usual precautions. i thought i would be ok. i thought "it won't splash. you usually worry for no reason." oh there's reason. so i dumped it. and the splash was at such a velocity that it was bumped up to shower status. roasted red pepper, corn and potato soup splashed up into my face, on both my arms and shoulders, the top of my head AND rained down on my back! naturally i shreeked. thanks to the tide pen and lisa's assistance all vestiges of soup were later eradicated. but it's still quite fresh in my body's memory. i can feel the cold orangy soup splatting me all over. and that my friends is a 3rd noteworthy orange food incident today.

Comments