the sadest part of a broken heart isn't the ending so much as the start.

it's twelve forty eight and elicia and i just got home. archie can be counted on to meet us at the door. he rounded the corner slowly as we walked in. he's so chubby. izzy sat in the hall beside her cardboard scratching ramp blinking the way you do when someone turns the light on suddenly and you were so used to the comfort of the dark. she needs a new cardboard flat to go in her ramp. she's pulled whole rows out.

we went to a movie. my hair was horrendous and i went out anyways. movies = annonymity. elicia wore her red headband. i trigger fingered my parking spot, leading to a bit of a meandering walk to the theatre. who cares anyways? right. we took a long time deciding on what foods to get. especially elicia. we stared at the main concession stand for a while, then i decided to get a slice of pizza at pizza pizza. elicia followed and while i got the cheese slice, she chose the vegetarian. i was done, but she went back to the concession. popcorn or treat? what treat? ponder, ponder, pick up a bag of sweets, put it back, think, think, go to the other side, line up... meanwhile i nibbled on the crust of my pizza slice and tried not to think about getting a good seat. i knew we had lots of time. still, what about the good seats?? she finally decided on rasin glossetes. when i gave my ticket to the ticket ripper, he said people weren't even going in to that theatre yet but we could wait outside. i knew we had a lot of time. it's just that seat instinct that pulls at me.

our theatre was way down at the end. elicia looked at movie posters and signs along the way. i tried to walk slow but still got there ahead of her. just in time to see a girl with a garbage bag bigger than herself walk out of theatre 15 and tell the two people waiting there that they can go in. i stop to wait for elicia and a couple pass me and go in. "oh no" i mock myself "those people are going to get your seat!"

we saw things we lost in the fire with halle berry, benicio del toro and david duchovny. my adjectives for this movie: beautiful, sad, powerful, hopeful, vulnerable, honest but merciful. at one point, sitting with my feet on the chair in front of me and my knees to my chest the sadness that had been building up in my heart flooded. my tears pooled in my clavicle and i barley supressed my sobs. truth be told i could cry now if provoked.

elicia wasn't as impressed as i. she said she'd seen better and worse. i didn't talk about it. my emotions are too raw after a movie like that. i want to hole up into myself. it was cold when we got out of the theatre and the surrounding fields were foggy.

Comments