let my heart, kindle your heart

elicia and i just watched a little princess. now the kindle my heart song is in my head. symbolic colours of the movie are green and yellow.

i happily have a donair residing in the pit of my belly. elicia and her sister elena and i went for a walk. we picked up elena at the hamlet and then walked to the bank. we spent most of our time giving elena pep talks and and encouragement. elicia on one side and me on the other. on the way back i purchased said donair for myself. the man who used to have smouldering eyes was sitting in the back when i arrived. i saw him. but he called for the other guy to help me. receding hair is what elicia calls him. she prefers him. it was the first time i have ever been served by him and he almost made it to the end and but excused himself suddenly just before wrapping my donair up. i heard him coughing wheezily in the background. smokie smoulders came out then and finished my order for me. he was polite but i still have the feeling that we're on the outs. oh well. i was friendly and said all my please and thank yous. what more can it take?

disconcerting: i was at the gym today and just as i was leaving the woman's changeroom and heading towards the stairs to leave, i caught a glimpse of something in the woman's only workout area. (i don't go there because it's not as good and there are no tvs) i stopped and took a few steps backwards and looked. sure enough there was a woman on either a stairmaster or the eliptical machine with a pink shirt that said i heart mom on it. i looked down at my own turquoise i heart mom shirt. i'm the i heart mom lady at the gym! i'm known for it! now this new comer and her upstart ways! the nerve!

so the interesting thing in my life that i haven't been writing about is david. he's this guy that i met on lds planet. lds planet for the most part was full of weirdos and duds. elicia and i signed up for a month to try it and we tried to have an open mind, but really the people i met! this thing about sending flirts does not do it for me. i would get these flirts from guys who had only seen my picture (i didn't write one single thing on my profile. didn't want to. wasn't feeling it) and they'd say "i'm interested in you" or "you're cute!" or one guy sent me a diamond ring that said "wow! you're the one!" (a balding egyptian with a tall 'stash). well how do you respond to that in a real way? the only flirt that didn't really turn me off was 'hello'. i was browsing one day and saw david but didn't send him a message or anything. i had this personal policy of letting the guy make the first move. just to see what would happen. so anyways david saw that i viewed him and wrote me a small note which i responded to, and when he wrote me back i was pleasantly surprised. he seemed real. and funny. so we started sending our quirky little letters back and forth and yadda yadda yadda we've been talking on the phone a lot during the past week and a half. we're supposed to meet. we were going to meet half way in denver in november but the hotel cost for a week was too expensive. so now i don't know. but it's exciting and so far i really like him. (i know, i know, things can be really different in person). he's unlike any other guy i've known in ways that are good. plus he has an accent that i can make fun of!

so now you know.

Comments