backwards underwear

this morning i kept waking up and trying to sleep longer. i was only awake long enough to pull up my undies. then i finally succumbed to wakefullness at approximately 8:21am, stumbled to the bathroom to pee, and it was then that i noticed my undies were on backwards. it was the tag that told me. the tag was tell tale if you will. i went all day yesterday wearing backwards underwear and not having a single inkling!

i fed the kitkins and watered them too. then i settled into my usual spot on the couch. a well used spot in these days of foot recooperation enforced idleness. speaking of foot recooperation, i noted with some alarm this morning that my other foot's arch was acting the part of the tender tootsie. poor kid has had to bear most of my brunt. i digress... the point of the settling into my well worn spot on the horrid couch is to say that i spent some time studying the scriptures, particularily the scriptures in relation to the next sunday school lesson i have to teach which is not tomorrow but a week from tomorrow. i've been studying all week. i'm trying to do the prepare in advance type thing that is foreign to my nature, but the truth is, it's going to be hard to get the 'real stuff' until i'm down to the crunch. my next lesson is on jesus' final hours and crucifixtion. a doozie to be sure.

after a period of study i arose from the couch with a crick in my neck and headed to the kitchen for some breakie. i opted for some bran buds with skim milk and popped some red seedless grapes into the mixture. i eat bran buds regularily. this is a sign to myself that i am a woman in the process of aging. there was a time not long distant when any cereal cold or hot was not considered consumable by me, let alone the drab bran bud. times is changing as nikki would say (in reference to a certain type of tanktop).

the phone rang while i was in the proccess of popping grapes off the bunch and into my grown up bowl of breakfast. i hobbled over but just missed bethany's call. so i called her back. she answered like she had no idea as to why i would be calling. "didn't you just call me?" i asked in a pleasant accusing manner. she admitted to it with some reluctance. we began to talk. in answer to one of her questions i began "'peers to me..." "laura! you are NOT thomas!" interjected an enraged mrs. lynde. "'peers to me you've got no call to be rachel lynde then." was my response in the name of thomas. i then began to croak "raaaaachel! raaaaaaaaachel!" bethany said with quiet fervor "you'll never be thomas." i changed the topic suddenly and told her of my underwear adventures. her response: shock. after spluttering for some moments she added "...and how dare you change the topic so suddenly!" after that i knew what i had to do. i had to continue to bring the convo back to the underwear. sometimes i'd just interrupt and say "if i look down right now i can see the tag sitting over my bellybutton." this resulted in the desired indignation that i was after. a very enjoyable way to spend one's saturday morning. indeed this post is just a continuation of my underwear assault.

bethany has inspired me to paint. i have one more canvass at my disposal and i have an idea for it. maybe today can be a painting day. but that would require cleaning the brushes from last time...

when i got to work yesterday i found that one of my prayers was answered unexpectedly. i felt a wave of relief and thankfulness and i was about to dissolve into the ugly cry when kaz walked in causing me to almost suck the tears back into my tear ducts and get ahold of myself. but i am thankful and i know God heard my plea and with merciful kindess sent help to me. i don't know why i ever doubt him.

yesterday we had corn on the cob and chicken wings and potato salad for dinner. when i arrived with the groceries, lisa helped me shuck the corn and she even chopped it all in half for me and put it in the big pot, and it was nice to be back with the people at work. maybe they missed me too.

Comments