archie loves to pray

archie is a sincere seeker of the spirit. often when i pray at the side of my bed he'll show up, nuzzle his way in until he is in my embrace and he prrrs contentedly while i pray. at such moments how can i not love my soft orange loving cat. i have to add in an extra "thank you for my cat". archie is truly a cat who loves much and seeks much love.

i took some time off of work so that my foot would have a fighting chance to heal. the pink floyd loving podiatrist told me that it's my big toe tendon that is the problem. i really liked this dr. because he was expert at what he did and he did not belittle my problem. that is such a relief to me. it's so discouraging when no one seems to know or really care to help you. dr. podiatrist was friendly. the kind of friendly that puts you at ease right away. he called me 'kiddo' which i thought was a little amusing. he taped my foot to take some of the pressure off of my tendon and told me to be off of my foot as much as possible. i'm going back for some exrays later.

well i went back to work on a high. katie was right. taping really helps. but i over did it. i was on dishes for lunch and that just about did me in. so i stayed home yesterday. i was feeling discouraged about missing work and about some financial worries. i was under a dark cloud. i knew it was going to be a long day if i continued on the way i was going. so i had a talk with myself and told myself that this situation could be good or bad depending on what i did with it. and i knew that what i told myself was true. so i decided to make my day a day of nourishment and edification. in search for edification i came to the byu devotional website and decided to listen to the women's conference talks. it was exactly what i needed. two of my favourite speakers, elder and sister holland spoke and women's conference this year and wendy watson who i heard a couple of years ago at time out for women. she's now married to elder nelson! anyways it was a great day and it continued on into today. i would write more, but i have to go to work!

Comments