a single brown arm

i looked something up in one of my old journals and then ended up reading the whole thing. i began it when i was almost 16 and i finished it about a month before grade 12 started. what an agnst filled teenager i was. and so dramatic. i'm sure if sarah had a journal it would be similar.

heather and i run through this wooded trail on the way to the park on our morning runs and as i'm always in front and as i'm always vigilent of spiders and their webs i execute the triangle maneuver. that's what heather calls it. i merely put my two hands together in a point over my head but slightly in front of my face, to break the webs with the triangle rather than my face. it's a job my face is unwilling to do and i don't blame it. anyways today i was doing the triangle as usual until we got to the stairs where i had a momentary lapse in vigilence and was swiftly rewarded by swallowing a piece of spider web that i hope was sans spider. i just happened to be breathing in and so sucked it to the back of my throught. i felt the wisp of web on my cheek. i choked and coughed and wheezed and tried to wash it down at the fountain, but remained totally grossed out for the rest of the run.

the park was silent and morning sun golden.

on the way back to the stairs heather gasped that it seemed like an extra long run. it was our easy run of the week but i didn't tell her that. i'm doing stretches like i used to a long time ago and it feels good. the only thing is that after my last stretch, which is a lying down stretch, i want to melt into the floor and become one with the wood, but what i need to be doing is becoming one with the water in the shower.

lately i've been napping a lot after work and it's B-A-D. b-a-d for business.

Comments